My first VFR

Sleveskiwee

Hello from Houston. I'm normally on my Vulcan 800, but I came across a good deal for a bad idea that I just couldn't pass up. I've bought a non-running 1999 VFR800 to be my next project.

It's all complete but it's a "ran when parked" kinda deal. Tank had some rust but not bad, but the fuel pump assembly looks like it's toast. I might be able to get this going for less than I originally feared!

I've already reaped a ton of information from this website, so I big thank you to all of you!

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Sleveskiwee said:

Hello from Houston. I'm normally on my Vulcan 800, but I came across a good deal for a bad idea that I just couldn't pass up. I've bought a non-running 1999 VFR800 to be my next project.

It's all complete but it's a "ran when parked" kinda deal. Tank had some rust but not bad, but the fuel pump assembly looks like it's toast. I might be able to get this going for less than I originally feared!

I've already reaped a ton of information from this website, so I big thank you to all of you!

Best of luck on your project. The group here will be very helpful. - We are all crazy about VFRs! :beer:

Archived