DANGER FAULTY BRAKE LINES

Resina

• Member Contributer

Hi Everyone

I'm just writing this review, because I feel the need to share this with all fellow VFR riders, as this is indeed a life or dead situation.

There is no question about FrenTubo Brake Lines quality, as they are present on SBK for instance, however I truly fear something went south with 2016 production of 152113-2 - FrenTubo Street Legal Brake Line Kit "Type 2" Honda VFR 800 99-01.

I have bought and installed the kit back in 2016, and have had two  brake lines leaking so far as per attached:

-1st by end of January 2017

-2nd just days ago, October 2019 (didn't took the effort to take a pic of actual faulty brake line, but I can easily do so)

I have no intention at all of denigrate Fren Tube in anyway, however I do believe everyone who has myself has bought this kit, should strongly think about either replacing it, or keep checking for leaks on front brake line connectors, as it looks like with suspension work, the braided brake line movement up and down ends up causing to much stress on the connector, which eventually starts leaking.

Luckily both times I was able to manage, just big scare no crash, however imagine if I was doing a track day?? or going 250 kph??

The concern for not only my health but also all VFR fellow riders, is my only drive posting this.

All said

#VFRrocks #V4nuts #VFRforthewin #haveImentionedmybelovedVFRdid2.07secsatAutodromoEstorilwithFrenTubeBrakeLines #whenitworksitworkswhenitdoesn'tI'vealmostshittedmypants

1012023062_ScreenShot2019-10-31at10_12.41copy.thumb.jpg.2ee2e293479af26ba1f07fe9973db283.jpg1168150634_ScreenShot2019-10-31at10_13.00copy.thumb.jpg.8370333c8babcb3b30ac4523d67db2bf.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yep, that is scary!

I trust you contacted Fren's customer service department as well. Be interesting to read their response..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 10/31/2019 at 5:17 PM, Dutchy said:

Yep, that is scary!

I trust you contacted Fren's customer service department as well. Be interesting to read their response..

Hi There

As promised updating thread. After sending my email, I've received an immediately answer from Carpi Moto, through whom I have bought Fren Tube Kit, saying they had forward my email to Fren Tube Owners.

And 14 days later, that’s about it... yesterday I sent another email, asking for updates but no reply, so I guess I will not have an answer and not even an apologies from Fren Tube

• Member Contributer

Wow. I've had HEL lines on my sixth gen for some time without issue. I'm surprised by this problem. Brake lines should last more than a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Hi All

Only to update that I have received an email just now asking for more pics from them.

At least looks like afterall this is not being ignored =)

I'll get back when I have more updates

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

@Africord

Hi

Many Thanks for your reply

Just got my Hel kit yesterday 😃 I was finally able to buy one 😃 plus all new pads brake fluid etc etc

going to replace the Fren Tube, as I fear I might run out of luck, and life, if this happened a third time 😅779649046_IMG_0231copy.thumb.jpg.87f70f95443e26a6b913cbad169c699e.jpg

Archived