5th gen footrest hanger - confused by bolts

stuartb3502

• Member Contributer

Hi all - I'm trying to refit the footrest hanger on the right hand side of the bike.  I am stumped by the allen bolt at the lowest point on the footrest hanger.  I kept all my parts for this piece together when I removed the hanger.  It is an M6 x 12mm bolt indicated in the attached picture.  I've checked the parts fiche and this is correct.  

The problem is that it is far too short to reach through the footrest hanger and into where it's supposed to thread.  I also noticed that when I had the swingarm pivot nut loose, the footrest hanger on the left hand side was then loose with the equivalent bolt at the bottom of the hanger seemingly not holding it at all.  

This won't make any sense unless you've perhaps dismantled this yourself in the past and noticed this.  Any ideas?  I'll keep persevering because I must be missing something obvious or doing something stupid.  Trouble is I'm really pushed for time so thought I'd post the question just in case anyone can help.

hanger.jpg

• Member Contributer

The bolt doesn’t actually screw through the hanger, but bolts to the case and hanger goes over the top of it. stops the hanger rotating. 

• Member Contributer

Aha! That would work. I guess must have loosened it with the other fasteners and then it fell off when I removed the hanger so I didn't spot this. Kind of a weird setup. Thanks so much for this. I NEVER would have figured it out on my own as I kept looking at that parts picture which is clearly wrong. Your bike in your gallery looks great by the way. 

Archived