New bike!

HareBrain

I picked up my new ride yesterday, to replace the 2014 in white that was nicked a couple of months back. This is 2014 too, and has another 6k miles on it, but is in better condition. Plus it has the Akro exhaust, which really does seem to smooth power transfer at low revs.

IMG_6112.thumb.JPG.7644d26c01d507f73d10b13e5008cb3e.JPG

A few points of interest:

1. It's gorgeous. I thought white was the best colour, but I now realise how wrong I was. I caught my reflection in a shop window this morning and looked a real badass. Given that I'm the least badass person going otherwise, that pleased me.

2. It came with the seat cowl and side blanking plates. I consider this a minor miracle.

3. The heated grips switch light is green rather than red, even though like my previous bike it's a 2014 UK model. Any ideas?

4. These stickers on the wheels. I've never seen them before. Are they a genuine "part"?

IMG_6111.thumb.JPG.a8991816bad10aa549a9701cc6e5260c.JPG

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, HareBrain said:

I picked up my new ride yesterday, to replace the 2014 in white that was nicked a couple of months back. This is 2014 too, and has another 6k miles on it, but is in better condition. Plus it has the Akro exhaust, which really does seem to smooth power transfer at low revs.

1. It's gorgeous. I thought white was the best colour, but I now realise how wrong I was. I caught my reflection in a shop window this morning and looked a real badass. Given that I'm the least badass person going otherwise, that pleased me.

2. It came with the seat cowl and side blanking plates. I consider this a minor miracle.

3. The heated grips switch light is green rather than red, even though like my previous bike it's a 2014 UK model. Any ideas?

4. These stickers on the wheels. I've never seen them before. Are they a genuine "part"?

Green light on my 2015 grips and no, those wheel rim stickers are non-standard.

Congrats on the new bike! Black ones do indeed look good.

Re the light on the heated grips, they've been replaced, maybe because the rubbers wore out and exposed the heating element (like mine) or maybe because they were damaged somehow. Honda changed the colour on the later years and those are the only spares you can get now so my light has also gone from red to green.

The rim stickers are non-standard and, if you compare with the fairing etc, the earlier version of the VFR logo.

59 minutes ago, fatshoutybloke said:

Re the light on the heated grips, they've been replaced, maybe because the rubbers wore out and exposed the heating element (like mine) or maybe because they were damaged somehow. Honda changed the colour on the later years and those are the only spares you can get now so my light has also gone from red to green.

Ah, you're right -- one of the bills is for a replacement switch. Cheers.

Still deciding if I like the rim stickers or not. I quite like inheriting odd things from previous owners. (Another thing with this one, the pillion seat has had extra padding fitted.)

6 hours ago, HareBrain said:

1. It's gorgeous. I thought white was the best colour

If it isn't any longer to you ... then always, always keep in mind the white ones are the fastest 😎

• Member Contributer

Regardless of colour we all bleed red, or in the case of the VFR’s regardless of colour they all have a V4 growl😁

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Tiutis said:

Normally, black color seems to hide the lines. But it looks good in pics and I think might be even better in person. Why does Honda dis not bring this color to US is beyond me?!

It’s not just flat black but a high quality metallic, I’ve had several people ask me where I got it done

Archived