White love...

Dutchy

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RC36B said:

The doner engine looks like a nightmare you fished out of the harbour - how did you win the battle getting the engine to look that good?

My lips are sealed....... :goofy:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

My lips are sealed....... :goofy:

An accomplice in crime...? :lurk:

That bad looking came from whitey.. The good looking engine came with the donor..

Don't get me wrong.. My 1000R mill looked worse, and in fact was seized after two years neglecting/non running.. But it came out nice after a full resto..

Full engine resto means another 200 hrs.. The donor saved me a lot of time..

Before Resto 2.JPG

Engine_done.JPG

Fans.JPG

Well today was rainy.. So lets spend the day to get the exhaust update to a high mount.. That needs some tubing from the bottom end upwards..

22.JPG

4 hours ago, TheDutchy said:

Yes. There is enough clearance to keep the exhaust in place.

That’s golden! I hate wrestling with my exhaust to remove the rear wheel. 

• 1 month later...

A great day to be out, and yes, whitey and me became good friends. Bike handles great. I did hve a 1998 version, but this 2K version is different.. Not on the chassis, but engine wise, everything is much smoother.. At low rpms throughout the middle towards redline, there are no hickups or flat spots.. I guess the updated version nailed it for me.. She's welcome to stay..

Outside.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I have a '98. What's different from the '98 and this version? ECU?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:11 PM, interceptor69 said:

I have a '98. What's different from the '98 and this version? ECU?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

ECU is different. ECU controls the HISS (Honda Ignition Security System) so the keys are coded.. The exhaust has a calalitic converter and two lambda sensors. The choke (fast idle) is controlled automaticly bij a "wax" box on the intake manifold. RPM dial has the VFR logo, also the displays have a different font. Mirrors are different, the 2000 onward models don't have the rubber condoms on the mirror stalks. Top tripple tree and bars are different.

• Member Contributer

Hmmmm... now I may have to get one of those too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

@TheDutchy

Hi There

I have also owned a 98 bike which I crashed RIP, and now have a 2k, and couldn't agree more that the 2k just feels more refined.

Congrats on the White VFR, she is beautiful 😍

I would like to share with you that I have a nearly similar high mount exhaust set up (apart from you having a Fancy Yoshi RS3 🥰 and I, well, just an $100 Delkevic 😅), and that I was forced to add a protection on the link pipe, as while fast cornering to the right, the link pipe was melting my shoes 😅 might be just me and the way I place my feet 😅

Again Congrats she is Beautiful 😃

as it was

499591866_IMG_5632copy2.thumb.jpg.17c6596778eb94adcf7dafd56a248f57.jpg

melting my shoes while fast cornering to the right

923092078_IMG_0255copy.thumb.jpg.df12f2fa771c64da16f98a1fc5612fb0.jpg

as it is now

160067509_IMG_0250copy.thumb.jpg.c1994d09a576f79c97f564c588bd83df.jpg

557122462_IMG_0251copy.thumb.jpg.149ab7aba4a6ae8f945216c6d50ca277.jpg

and I must also share, that while doing a custom map on my PCIII, I had a small problem on my undertray, as it melted a bit =( pics below, not noticeable at all 😃 unless you are under the bike 😃

If I ever manage to buy the TBR replica (almost almost happened last month) or Tyga headers, which will most definitely eventually happen one day, and which means I will have to do another custom map, I will be having an extra fan or throwing water to cool down the undertray so to avoid it from melting again while bike is on the dyno 

1750687799_IMG_0253copy.thumb.jpg.0f79cd722bf4c45e72451547c17770f9.jpg

@Resina

Thanks for the compliments. I haven't encountered touching the link pipe but I was afraid I would in the near future. I was thinking about extending the heel plate on the footrest, but I like your option on installing a heat shield on the link pipe.

The Joshi is oval, and maybe that's why I have a little more clearance on the undertray compared to the Delkevic endcan. Besides that, it's carbon and does not radiate that much heat. After a long stint or even at city traffic I can still touch the endcan without scoulding.  

Archived