Dia dhaoibh!

Suskwa29

At least that's how I think you say Hello to a group in Galic - or so the googles tells me.

I am not Scottish, (well except after a few whiskies -  but then who isn't) but my new bike is, at least according to  the stickers put on by the previous owner (St. Andrews on one side and the Lion Rampant on the other) .  

She is a 2000 - in Green.  50,000 km for $1800 Cad Pesos - so 37,000 miles for about $1,400 usd - for my 'Merican friends.

New Tires, new clutch and a dealer inspection. 

I think I lucked into a good deal.  However, my current ride is a 1995 xr250l - so what the hell do I know.  Except it was a really, really fun test ride and I love the bike.

The plan is to keep it as stock as possible for a couple years until I decide if riding on the street is for me or not.  My riding to date has been mostly adventure/offroad with pavement mixed in to get me between dirty patches - so we will see.

I appreciated the manuals here as I don't really know that much about the bike.  The snow has begun to fly so this winter will begin a tear down.  Mostly just to see if the last 20 years have been kind. The paint is a bit on the dull side and the Givi bags look a little weather worn - so those will probably get a bit of elbow grease as well.

667228807_IMG_70551.thumb.PNG.68245f8cbb9cf9628eea9e62c3d08921.PNG1612563040_IMG_70531.thumb.JPG.791b2c3656aa63c444b7601f0756e42c.JPG 

• Member Contributer
On 10/15/2019 at 5:51 PM, Dutchy said:

Slainté!!!

stash.thumb.jpg.e0a4ffeed45854204f1c805fd4369993.jpg

Holy xxxx Dutchy.... No way could I keep a collection like that in my house..... Oh temptation... 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Suskwa29. You obviously have great taste in mc's. And you've picked the best generation. FI and gear-driven cams. And I do love riding in your provence. Had the opportunity to spend a month touring BC and I must say the roads were fabulous and the scenery quite spectacular. On top of all that, the people I met were welcoming. The folks I met at a PNW meet-up were very fun.

Ranger with rack.JPG

Rider with rack.JPG

Emerald Lake 1.JPG

Canadian Mountain.JPG

Next time you are heading this way - let me know.

I am a convenient stop on the Cassiar route to Alaska!

Which honestly -  is the best route to Alaska.

As for taste in bikes - I have to admit that I stumbled on this one.  Back a long time ago I had a '85 vf500f that I loved. Unfortunately, she came to an ignominious end at the hands of an inattentive driver of a ford tempo.  I had lusted after VFRs in my youth - but could never afford them.

I wasn't really in the market for a sport-tourer as I live in ADV country - but the price just kept coming down and down - until I really couldn't say no.

As for dirt - maybe some stiffer springs, more aggressive tires, some upright bars????

I know sacrilege - but if Honda made the Africa Twin and Africa V-Four - I am going shopping because I love that engine!!

My plan is to get her completely sorted mechanically this winter and go for a nice long cruse somewhere warm this spring.  I don't really want to modify anything.  Just nice and stock and reliable and Honda!

If I still lover her when I get back - then it is true love.

Archived