Light switch

Hey guys I have a question in regard to a bike I just bought. I notice the 1995 has a block off plate on the lights switch (right side handlebar switch) is this normal? I've noticed some bikes have the switch and some dont? I'm not sure why. But does anyone know if this is a requirement to pass a road inspection in canada? 

• Member Contributer

Are the headlights on that model year of bike permanently on (with the ignition)?

In the UK, for 95 models, there is a light switch as at that time there was no requirement for the lights to be permanently on. That came in much later.

That is where the headlight switch would be located.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, squirrelman said:

how could it be legal to smoke reefa in canada and illegal to have a non-conforming light switch ?

The will of the people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

US-spec bikes of that era had no light switch.  The lights were always on, so all you needed was a high beam switch on the other side.  UK-spec bikes of that era had light switches: off, P and H (with P relating to the position lights).

I long ago re-wired my US-spec bikes to use light switches (as well as Passing light switches), which just requires some used parts and some extra wire and terminals to do it in an "OEM" way.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived