RE/REC connected direct to battery.

VFRBIKE

Thinking of connecting my new RR direct to battery , to bypass the loom with in-line positive fuse.  I could use some help as to how to connect . The connector block has 2 red , 2 green and 1 black. Do i join the 2 reds together, then to battery positive , and same with the greens to negative?  Also where does black wire go?   Thank guys ...

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, VFRBIKE said:

Thinking of connecting my new RR direct to battery , to bypass the loom with in-line positive fuse.  I could use some help as to how to connect . The connector block has 2 red , 2 green and 1 black. Do i join the 2 reds together, then to battery positive , and same with the greens to negative?  Also where does black wire go?   Thank guys ...

The Black wire is a voltage sense wire, carries virtually zero current, if you are bypassing the 5P connector just simply join the R/R Black wire to its mate the White/Black wire of the 5P plug, either use an inline crimp conector or solder and sleeve. 

If you can, run the two Greens to the battery Negative and the two Reds to the battery Positive BUT, as you did mention, have a fuse in the positive line, this will protect wiring in the event of an internal R/R short.

Hope this helps.

image.png

Archived