VFR 1200F Rear Suspension Knob

ThePainter

Hi all

Just bought a 2010 VFR1200F with 7k miles, I haven't owned a bike with a rear suspension adjustment knob before, I have the owners manual but how do I know when the knob is at the minimum setting ?

Any help appreciated

Hi all

Just bought a 2010 VFR1200F with 7k miles, I haven't owned a bike with a rear suspension adjustment knob before, I have the owners manual but how do I know when the knob is at the minimum setting ?

Any help appreciated

A very warm welcome to the club!

The only way I was able to tell was to turn it all the way to “-“ until it won’t turn any more. At this point the bike is now on the minimum setting. Excessive torque should not be required to reach min or max settings.

If you want you can count the clicks to know what setting it was on before you fiddled. Check the manual if you can, I think there are 11 settings? (or clicks) in the range from min to max. From memory I think the manual may also advise which setting to apply when carrying pillion / luggage etc.

These are notorious for seizing up as owners tend not to adjust them. I would expect a good mechanic to operate the knob through its full range as part of any service and checking for correct operation, but no guarantees I guess.

I give mine a good twisting every 6mths or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oem rear suspension is lazy, and it will stuck.
My suggestion is, buy aftermarket for 500 dollars, it is more comfortable, reliable and better performance.

Otherwise, as college mentioned, open the manual and you will find min/max adjustment.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Archived