Summertime 2019 revisited

Fritzer

• Member Contributer

Now that we are at the end of the normal riding season, I think it would be fun to share outstanding achievements performed on the VFR platform.

Mine was a personal record setting 170 mile nonstop trip 😀

I had four week long rides with friends from VFRD. You can’t beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
22 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

I had four week long rides with friends from VFRD. You can’t beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can if I did 5! (I didn't, but it would have beaten you). :wink::beer:

I did nearly 5,000 miles this season. What stands out the most: a

couple 1,300 ish mile trips trip to Vernal, UT and Taos, NM.

And finally, a beautiful day fall day ride through a few CO night mountain passes. 

BA05D06B-2D6C-40D6-9DC5-F45BFA641760.jpeg

1D0CAC33-2B45-41D3-A28C-F47E3BDD3D28.jpeg

CE56C508-D79B-49B0-85EB-E390D5212696.jpeg

• Member Contributer

I reconnected with a lifelong friend to go for a ride earlier this year. We've been in touch over the years, but he lived too far away to go for rides. Now he's about two hours away. Close enough to meet for breakfast at a midpoint... 

It's still challenging since he's got family schedules to work around and I have a complicated work schedule, but we're hoping to be able to do more. 

• Member Contributer

1200km more or less non-stop on my ST1100 in 14 hours return, from my home in Auckland and around New Zealand 's East Cape. And on a really hot, windy day.

P1020171.JPG

• Member Contributer

I haven't been on a longer multi state ride for a few years.  I had an opening in my work schedule mid September so I headed out from Portland Oregon area to do a 2500 mile loop through Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Washington.  Normally, September is pretty good weather and tourist season over, that time seemed perfect.  Took off with rain chasing me into Idaho.  It finally caught me so I decided to head back home for a 1,000 mile total.  Maybe give it a try next summer.  I'll put it out in the forum next year and see if anyone wants to join for some or all of the great Northwest ride. 

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

I reconnected with a lifelong friend to go for a ride earlier this year. We've been in touch over the years, but he lived too far away to go for rides. Now he's about two hours away. Close enough to meet for breakfast at a midpoint... 

It's still challenging since he's got family schedules to work around and I have a complicated work schedule, but we're hoping to be able to do more. 

I was able to meet up with a friend (a non rider) on my trip that I had not seen for about 40 years.  People look a little different after 40 years!  A great meet up.

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Fritzer said:

I haven't been on a longer multi state ride for a few years.  I had an opening in my work schedule mid September so I headed out from Portland Oregon area to do a 2500 mile loop through Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Washington.  Normally, September is pretty good weather and tourist season over, that time seemed perfect.  Took off with rain chasing me into Idaho.  It finally caught me so I decided to head back home for a 1,000 mile total.  Maybe give it a try next summer.  I'll put it out in the forum next year and see if anyone wants to join for some or all of the great Northwest ride. 

Yeah, September is usually great, but it can backfire on you. I was talking to a guy at a guy on the road-side who had done a loop through Banff a few years ago and had been stopped for a couple days because of an early cold snap. 

Archived