What is the OEM replacement bulb for low and High beam for 6th gen VFR

VFR80025th

Is the OEM bulb H7 for both low and High beam for 6th gen VFR 800 vtec.

I've heard Honda wants over $40 (Can)

I don't need one but when I do which is best replacement for OEM.

Thxs

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR80025th said:

Is the OEM bulb H7 for both low and High beam for 6th gen VFR 800 vtec.

I've heard Honda wants over $40 (Can)

I don't need one but when I do which is best replacement for OEM.

Thxs

H4 Low Beams, H7 Hi Beams.

In the past I've used Philips Long Life Eco Vision (not sure if they are still made), they were a ruggedised filament type that would stand up to the added vibration of a bike. So, as these globes are a bit of a PITA to replace best to go for a top quality type preferably suited to motorcycles. Guess if you're really keen you could look into LED replacements! YMMV.

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Grum said:

H4 Low Beams, H7 Hi Beams.

In the past I've used Philips Long Life Eco Vision (not sure if they are still made), they were a ruggedised filament type that would stand up to the added vibration of a bike. So, as these globes are a bit of a PITA to replace best to go for a top quality type preferably suited to motorcycles. Guess if you're really keen you could look into LED replacements! YMMV.

All 4 bulbs on the 6th Gen over this side of the pond are H7. H4's are used on the 5th Gen. 

I do like the LED's on my Crossrunner. :beer:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Skids said:

All 4 bulbs on the 6th Gen over this side of the pond are H7. H4's are used on the 5th Gen. 

I do like the LED's on my Crossrunner. :beer:

Thanks for the heads up Skids. Would never have believed that the Aussie 6gen U version would be different in headlighting to other versions, definelty a H4, H7 combination on all 6gens I've seen here.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Grum said:

Thanks for the heads up Skids. Would never have believed that the Aussie 6gen U version would be different in headlighting to other versions, definelty a H4, H7 combination on all 6gens I've seen here.

So you have 2 H4 low beam filaments and 2 H4 high beam filaments in the lower lenses and 2 H7 high beam filaments in the upper 2; is that correct?

Over here, the lower 2 H7s are low beam, the upper 2 H7s are high beam.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Skids said:

So you have 2 H4 low beam filaments and 2 H4 high beam filaments in the lower lenses and 2 H7 high beam filaments in the upper 2; is that correct?

Over here, the lower 2 H7s are low beam, the upper 2 H7s are high beam.

Hi Skids

There are two H4's in the lower lenses But only the low beam of the two filament H4's are used so 2x55w.

The hi beam selection adds in the two H7 single filament globes in the upper position another 2x55w.

In Hi beam mode all 4 are on = 220w. Normal Lo beam is only the two H4's =110w

No I'm not losing my marbles!:wacko:

Just jumped on the Partzilla web site and did a check on the Headlight Globes for 2009, 2008 and 2007 VFR800A-Interceptor. The OEM Part Numbers are, Item 9 = 34901-MAT-611 2ea H7 Globes (Hi Beam) and Item 10 = 34901-MC7-602 2ea H4 Globes (Low Beam). :comp13:

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

Was never doubting you m8, just stating the facts for over here. 

Perhaps you have less rural lighting than we do, hence the need for more candela. 

:beer:

Go Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏉😁

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, Skids said:

Was never doubting you m8, just stating the facts for over here. 

Perhaps you have less rural lighting than we do, hence the need for more candela. 

:beer:

Go Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏉😁

Hi Skids.

Thanks M8 and same here no doubting you either. Just can't seem to find any positive info for the country variant models of 6gen as to the headlights configuration. So I'm not convinced as to what the USA 6gen is configured to either.

It does seem strange to me that Honda has used the H4 and only used the one filament (55w Filament), then used the H7 for hi beam for the U (Aussie) version. They are both a 55w Halogen, seems far more logical to have all H7's

Beware the Wallabies, although I'm not much of a Rugby follower, may the best side win.

Cheers To You.:beer:

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Grum said:

Beware the Wallabies, although I'm not much of a Rugby follower, may the best side win.

Cheers To You.:beer:

They did! 😎:beer:

Archived