Bell RS-2 helmet deal

VFR4Lee

Question

I have an RS-1 helmet I like, but is well past 5 yo. Ordered an RS-2 from Revzilla for a smoking deal.

Much lower price than the rest. Like $65 below the next best price I found.

I figure this price can't last. I hope it is as good or better than my RS-1. I will find out. 😁

Helmet link

8 answers to this question

The fit is about like the RS-1, just a little more snug, which I'll attribute to probably over 40,000 miles on that helmet.

Wore it for 10 minutes in the house, since if you ride with it they call it used, and no longer returnable.

I guess it's pretty hard to splat a bug on your helmet in the house.

Fit my head comfortably, cuts the music by a few decibels sitting at my desk. I wear earplugs anyway, so not worried about noise.

Passed that test so I'm keeping it. I hope the drop down shades work for me, I am always wearing sunglasses.

If not, glasses fit in there just fine.

Will test ride this weekend.

Pretty happy for under $200 delivered. 😁

It was a really nice day. Sunny and 60's or 50's where I was riding in the Angeles National Forest. Finally a day to ride in leathers and not sweat. :beer:

Very happy with this helmet, especially at the price. Would be a deal at the original list price of $300, imho. Comfortable fit on the ride. The face shield does not seal super tight, there is a tiny gap along the bottom, but I had no issue with air coming in. I don't like air flow in my face since I wear contacts and air flow dries them out, no bueno. The drop down shades is a great feature. Worked well for me. Up or down with a flip of the lever on the left side. Tint right in there with my sunglasses. Noise level I'd call similar to the RS-1. If I get my ear plugs seated good, it is fine. Wind noise is not bad, and I can hear my engine. A few weeks ago I could hear the moto cop telling me 77 in a 50 while wearing the RS-1 and earplugs, Oops.

The only cons I see so far are the half of the chin strap that does not have the D rings is a foot long from the attachment point. It could be more like 7 or 8" and would be plenty long, but it works fine. The magnet on the end of it always grabs the other half when I am taking it off, so there is an extra 1/2 second motion needed to get the helmet off.  But, when riding the strap end stays in place just fine, no flapping around. These are tiny nit picks, and barely worth thinking about. I will also need to change my habit with sunglasses. I need to get them out before I take off the helmet, so I can put them on promptly once it is off.

Helmet fit is very personal and also subjective. I'll be wearing this one every time going forward. The RS-1 joins the AGV and 2 retired Arais above my desk. The face shield of RS-1 and RS-2 are compatible they say, so I have a spare on the old hat, just in case. 😎

Thanks! Nice to see a a-b comparison. Though I don't have a pressing need for a helmet I'm glad there is an option of the RS-2 going forward. After writing that checked the date on my helmet and will be 5 years old Jan of 2020. Guess I'll need a new one sooner than I thought. 

I like to play the safety card.

I need this new helmet to stay safe, this old one looks good, but says made in Dec 2010,

Dear Wife.  😁

Archived