2021 V4 Ducati Multistrada

Africord

• Member Contributer

Looks like V4 is the future of Ducati. Thanks for posting Africord.

Kind of ironic that we are reading it here on the best V4-dedicated forum I am aware of. Honda? Bueller?

• Member Contributer

It's a little ironic that you picked the "Bueller" reference, since Honda did the same to launch the 2012 CR-V.  My wife drives a "Bueller" Red model of this car, sigh, she doesn't have the nav pictured in the ad. 

• Member Contributer

Honda's obvious response should be an improved VFR1200F and X, but I'm not holding my breath, since they didn't see a need to counter the Kawasaki H2 SX, in any of its flavors.  I suspect we have been orphaned by Honda, at least in the US.   With my advancing age, I will either retire from riding, or look for another answer. With the maintenance I have invested in my 6th gen, I don't have to be in a hurry to make my next move. 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Africord said:

Honda's obvious response should be an improved VFR1200F and X, but I'm not holding my breath, since they didn't see a need to counter the Kawasaki H2 SX, in any of its flavors.  I suspect we have been orphaned by Honda, at least in the US.   With my advancing age, I will either retire from riding, or look for another answer. With the maintenance I have invested in my 6th gen, I don't have to be in a hurry to make my next move. 

The V4 I'd like to see from Honda is that oft-rumored "coming next year" RVF1000. The speculation I've heard revolves around a motor roughly based on the RC213V power plant but built down to the price point where it's actually attainable. Probably all a pipe dream, but it's fun to speculate.

• Member Contributer
On 9/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, Africord said:

It's a little ironic that you picked the "Bueller" reference, since Honda did the same to launch the 2012 CR-V.  My wife drives a "Bueller" Red model of this car, sigh, she doesn't have the nav pictured in the ad. 

Waaaay off topic Africord, but since you brought it up, the "roll back the odometer" scene was filmed in my wife's uncle's garage in Highland Park IL.  😎

Archived