Tyga

slo1

21 minutes ago, vfrcapn said:

Yes, would be interested to know if this could mount on the Gen 3 like other aftermarket systems have.

The engine is the same from Gen 3 to Gen 4 in terms of exhaust, so likely the frame mounts will be the only difference (if they are different).  Tyga is more than willing to make a Gen 3 version of both right and left exit once they know mount locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Man

I would really like to see a 3rd Gen exhaust with a left side muffler

I would also like to know if anyone has fitted the 4th Gen system yet, would be very interested in knowing what was thought of the fit and finish and the ease of the install etc

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, davfr said:

Tyga just released a right hand exit version as well.

http://tyga-performance.com/index.php?cPath=72_1036_1819_1820

I'm still looking for anyone willing to participate in some experimenting on the gen 3s.

Nice! Just in time for Christmas...

... makes me wish I had a 4th gen!

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Smack said:

My pipes arrived in the mail yesterday, approx. 10 days after ordering.  I'll unpack 'em this weekend..... can't wait.

Brian

:worthlesswithoutpics:

On 12/3/2019 at 8:14 AM, davfr said:

I'm still looking for anyone willing to participate in some experimenting on the gen 3s.

What does it take to be a participant?

10 hours ago, CharlieFoxtrot said:

What does it take to be a participant?

I'm hoping that someone who is ordering the set of pipes can either try them on a gen 3, or let me borrow them to test fit on my gen 3.

8 hours ago, CharlieFoxtrot said:

Is Tyga participating in the experiment?  In other words, if a part has to be reworked to fit the RC36-1, am I on my own?

Yes, Tyga has agreed to make the necessary changes to produce a gen 3 line of exhausts providing it isn't 100% top to bottom different from a gen 4.  More than likely they will only need to move the exhaust mounting bracket. 

• Member Contributer

I'm in Cali but happy to provide my '93 for fitment if feasible.

On 12/3/2019 at 5:14 AM, davfr said:

• Member Contributer

There's nothing much to do if the 3rd gen doesn't have a center stand.  The TBR on my 3rd gen was designed for a 4th gen.  If you insist on having an aftermarket header on a 3rd gen and retaining the centre stand, it's still possible, but it gets complicated... 

This pic shows why the 3rd gen main stand is kinda in the way:

PB080015.thumb.JPG.ad141ce35aa33b7b1106b62c8cbd8a06.JPG

I don't remember if the temporary bracket in the picture above was 35mm or 40mm, but I think I settled on 40mm for the final design, which gave me enough clearance for the header outlet.  However, in order to get the ground clearance back I had to raise the rear of the bike by flipping the eccentric from the top to the bottom.  And in order for that to work I had to countersink one of the rear brake bracket bolts.  Then my side stand was too short, so I had to lengthen it to keep the bike from falling over...

I ran the bike that way for years, but in the bike's current (stalled!) project phase I've actually removed the center stand.  

Ciao,

JZH

On 12/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, JZH said:

There's nothing much to do if the 3rd gen doesn't have a center stand.  The TBR on my 3rd gen was designed for a 4th gen.  If you insist on having an aftermarket header on a 3rd gen and retaining the centre stand, it's still possible, but it gets complicated... 

This pic shows why the 3rd gen main stand is kinda in the way:

PB080015.thumb.JPG.ad141ce35aa33b7b1106b62c8cbd8a06.JPG

I don't remember if the temporary bracket in the picture above was 35mm or 40mm, but I think I settled on 40mm for the final design, which gave me enough clearance for the header outlet.  However, in order to get the ground clearance back I had to raise the rear of the bike by flipping the eccentric from the top to the bottom.  And in order for that to work I had to countersink one of the rear brake bracket bolts.  Then my side stand was too short, so I had to lengthen it to keep the bike from falling over...

I ran the bike that way for years, but in the bike's current (stalled!) project phase I've actually removed the center stand.  

Ciao,

JZH

That is good to know!  I ditched my center stand long ago so no issues there.  I guess I just have to keep saving up for the tyga.

Archived