FOX TWIN CLICKER MOUNTING

a1gatorz

Hi all , I own a 1987 VFR700F2 , I have just finished installing my Fox twin clicker . Only problem is I can not find a suitable place or way to mount the reservoir . It appears to be designed to exit & mount on the left side of bike ( left while sitting on it ) .

If any of you have done this to your bike ? Any description ,explanation  or pictures of your way of doing this would be of GREAT help to me !!! 

THANK YOU !

• Member Contributer

Somewhere I may even have a copy of the original installation instructions! The reservoir was separated from the frame spar on some rubber mounts, and held in place with big hose clamps.

vfr750f18.jpg

Was not aware I was shouting ? Thought shouting was when one used all caps ? Like you did . Is using colored font also considered shouting ? If so , I was not aware .  

• Member Contributer

Mine is mounted in the same location as the picture above.

• Member Contributer

:goofy:

Knipsel.thumb.JPG.d917005d1f693d3ef29502f9b75bfe9b.JPG

As for the location of the clicker, any place will be fine, even under the saddle. You tend to set it once and forget.    But it it of course also a show piece!

For a while I had it here

HPIM3869.thumb.JPG.e3e9c1c5bb169943a7daafcb16461579.JPG

HPIM3862.thumb.JPG.25167f61cb62f40587920db3cf9a6dde.JPG

Ended up here:

herfst2_zps8c5c12e1.thumb.jpg.47aac037988bcfb64bb57b0e4e5a5419.jpg

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, a1gatorz said:

Was not aware I was shouting ? Thought shouting was when one used all caps ? Like you did . Is using colored font also considered shouting ? If so , I was not aware .  

I suspect you also copy/pasted this post from the other site?  He was mostly joking, but usual forum decorum dictates a reasonable color/font.

If you ever get your shock serviced, look into having a different hose installed that allows you to mount where you want.  My buddy has his mounted on the left grab bar (not where the engine and radiator heat exits the lower cowl) after having his serviced.

I modified the subframe on one of mine for a mounting location.  I knew I was not going to run passenger pegs.

full?d=1497291619

I should prolly get pics of mine, i tucked it up under the tail bodywork a little bit like the pic above. I used these mounts i found on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00387ABME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...

Archived