Sebspeed Center Stand Stop

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Hey all, for those who have received their 5/6 Gen Two Bros replica headers but no center stand stop, take notice that we were able to get Sebspeed to come to the rescue! Sfdownhill, myself went to Seb and asked him to build us something that would not only be sturdy but also looks good. Well, not without a lot of effort getting the package retrieved from my mailbox (This is a long story and one with a lot history!)

Anyway, the package arrived on Friday, I was finally able to retrieve it on Saturday and installed it late afternoon. Of course with the weekend holiday obligations, I am finally able to report that, not only are center stand stops ready to be shipped, they are exactly what I would have expected coming from Seb, quality engineered and looks great.

So with being said, the install may seem a bit more complicated at first but once you understand the parts and pieces to it, the install was a breeze. The design is such that the stop fits over the left center stand hex head bolt and uses the hex head to get set it in place. On my first attempt, it seemed like the hex head was just not lined up in a position that would allow the stand to slip right on. Hmm, what's this a fabrication issue? Nope, just need to either loosen or tighten the bolt so that the hex bolt and stand hole line up just right. For mine, I loosened it just enough to get the alignment to work and used the fiber washers and stainless steel washer to fill in the small gap between the fairing and center stand stop.

All in all I think this solution is perfect for me and my taste so I hope those who have center stands coming, will appreciate this design and look. Cheers.

The fiber washers to fill in the gap between the stop and the fairing. I used some grease to keep them held in place.

IMG_5192.thumb.jpeg.ba48c6262febd2152262530f6e9a90b1.jpeg

This is basically how it sits on the bolt and presses against the rear cush.

IMG_5193.thumb.jpeg.bc3ffa18140f8a9b444eef3fba68ed13.jpeg

The easy way to get the stainless steel washer installed. Place the bolt through the fairing, then the washer onto the bolt and then screw the bolt in.

IMG_5194.thumb.jpeg.cab019b79f797b198d5b14f837a1f70c.jpeg

Viola! all done. Looks good and works like a charm.

IMG_5196.thumb.jpeg.beba123550dc2bb50d4c68173798d3c0.jpeg

• Member Contributer

There is some more SEBSPEED artistry right there. Noice .

Specs?  Material, weight and is that a little rubber bit on the end where it hits the c stand? I can't quite make it out viewing on ph.

16 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Viola! all done. Looks good and works like a charm.

Thanks for the pics and write up Darryl!

9 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

There is some more SEBSPEED artistry right there. Noice .

Specs?  Material, weight and is that a little rubber bit on the end where it hits the c stand? I can't quite make it out viewing on ph.

The part is cut from 6061-T6 aluminum, Solidworks says the part weighs 3.42oz, and the bit on the end is a nylon bolt and nut. I supply 4 extra nylon bolts & nuts with each part. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived