Aftermarket fairing fasteners

CoyoteChris

• Member Contributer

Push pins, keepers, plastic clips, what ever you call them the VFR has two types. Four of them go on the bottom of the plastic and look like they have phillips heads. They are 90683 MBW 003 part numbers and cost $1.86 or so. The other I call a push pin and cost $4.50. 90116 SPO 003. People want $10 bucks for them with shipping on ebay.  

Anyone know of an aftermarket automotive equivalent? I see generic assortments on ebay.

push screw.jpg

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

Edit: these aren't the ones you were looking for, are they...

Thanks!  I had to root around the website for awhile but I found some cheep assortments that will fit my needs. The 6mm push pins were the hardest. But since I have four Japanese cars and three bikes, assortments are good. This will save a trip to the Subaru dealer...

aliexpress.jpg

• Member Contributer

If you've never used Aliexpress before, it's a bit like an import-only ebay. Shipping times can be all over the place, from so quick you can't believe it came from so far away to long enough you forgot you ordered it. I generally try to find what I'm looking for elsewhere, but every now and then it's the place to go. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Marvelicious said:

If you've never used Aliexpress before, it's a bit like an import-only ebay. Shipping times can be all over the place, from so quick you can't believe it came from so far away to long enough you forgot you ordered it. I generally try to find what I'm looking for elsewhere, but every now and then it's the place to go. 

No problem.  Check this out!  100 push pins for 6 bucks. I took one of mine out and measured it. its a match...once I make sure it is an exact fit when I get them, I can dribble some out as I dont think I will need a 100...better than 5 bucks apiece, eh?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-PCS-6mm-Hole-Fender-Fastener-Rivet-Push-Clips-Retainer-For-Motocycle-and-ATV/382835482176?hash=item5922c5de40:g:ot0AAOSwJcdch1Wz

I use these from Speedy Fasteners in the UK, work much better than the ones that just open out because they're closed at the top and bits don't snap off when they get old and the plastic hardens slightly.

https://www.speedyfasteners.com/M6_6mm_Scrivet_Screw_Rivet_Fairing_Screws_p/sf191.htm

Archived