Fuel Pressure Regulator Needed ?

Mohawk

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know of a supplier for these ?

Honda have it listed as NLA (no longer available) .

This type FPR seem to be in short supply in the UK even for other Honda/Toyota car models of similar vintage. 

Ideally I need a 4bar one & the stock VFR units spring is not strong enough for that pressure ☹️

• Member Contributer

Not sure if you're trying to source a stock FPR or uprated for some reason?  If the latter, are you just looking for one which will work in that range?  I don't know much about these things, but just came across this while looking for something else...

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/grams-performance-35-112psi-fuel-pressure-regulator.html

Stuart

• Member Contributer

I'm after a 4bar version that will bolt in to the stock location. I just tried a local motor factors & its not just me they do not appear to be available in the UK. 

I might have to order from USA.

• Member Contributer

Out of curiosity, when do you need a higher pressure regulator? Presumably you’ve made other changes to the bike? 

Good luck anyway. Hope you find one.

Stuart

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, stuartb3502 said:

Out of curiosity, when do you need a higher pressure regulator? Presumably you’ve made other changes to the bike? 

Good luck anyway. Hope you find one.

Stuart

Yes I have fitted some modified throttle bodies & CBR929 4 hole injectors. Bike was showing lack of fuel via Rapid Bike MTB O2 sensor. So a check of the CBR929 manual shows it uses 51psi at idle. The VFR is only 36psi static. Pushing a VFR regulator to max pressure only realises 44psi static, still to low.

The low pressure reduces fuel atomisation  so the injection is not duty cycle efficient. The Rapid Bike has compensated with additional duty cycle percentage.

So I need more fuel pressure ! 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, stuartb3502 said:

Worth a look here.  Not sure if they will mount where you want, but they sell adjustable and fixed pressure regulators including 4 bar.

http://www.injectortune.co.uk/Injector_Shop.html

Seen it not the right fittings. Hondas of that era use M12 threaded connector. 

• Member Contributer

Ok. Sorry it’s no good. Will keep my eyes open.

if you’ve not tried them already, might be worth a call to https://www.glencoeltd.co.uk/

I don’t know that they do motorcycle suitable FPRs, but they do have a range of FPRs and certainly do motorcycle pumps etc.

cheers

Stuart

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, WackenSS said:

Why don't you adjust the preload on the spring on your OEM?

I tried with a spare VFR one, it bottoms out at 45psi, so won’t open then at all, I’ve taken that bottomed out one to 70psi with no pressure relief. I then cut it open & the springs fitted to these are just a couple of mm’s short of maximum compression to ensure a consistent pressure & minimum lift when vacuum is applied.

• Member Contributer

OK so I’m going to try plan B. I have an adjustable FPR that is to big to fit in place, so I’ll replace the stock one with a hose adaptor & add an extension to the fuel return hose via the new adjustable FPR !

Looking at the spare set of fuel rails They weigh a ton. So some trimming there will offset the additional weight of the AFPR. 

• Member Contributer

Not to derail your plan, but is there room to install one of these on a stock fpr? They're all over ebay for the cars, but it's basically the same style regulator. It looks like it might fit...

I ran across this because my MPG has been plummeting and I suspected my FPR... it didn't leak any fuel, but I think I found the offending damaged vacuum hose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I did order 3 of those, but all 3 were not delivered & cancelled by the sellers !

So after much searching I came across this small unit. "Saxon M/spt Silver CNC Machine Housing for Bosch Fuel Pressure Regulator  Jenvey" on the bay. So with a few AN-6 adaptors & converters I was able to do this.

Before35D9384B-E9CB-4C8B-8C9B-A3095325CED1.thumb.jpeg.62b9308733cfc0c6c2f7e63cdb4afe71.jpeg

79DEE835-AA18-4E63-9FEB-2C96B5F0F2AB.thumb.jpeg.3e0ceae45179e98d3bbbecbe9dbf2bf3.jpeg

After

496E5840-56E1-4BD0-AD9A-F398B62C9D9E.thumb.jpeg.c1dfed8bfba5dac3c8b19f4e96756e5c.jpeg

All sealed & adjusted & now 4bar pressure to suit the CBR929 4-hole injectors requirements.  I've set the RBR to a zero fuel map & will do some miles & see how it adjusts. 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Mohawk said:

I did order 3 of those, but all 3 were not delivered & cancelled by the sellers !

Nice... That's the level of excellence I expect from eBay. 

Archived