8th gen wheels on a 6th gen?

Labs

I have been looking for some 3rd gen rims (8 spoke) to put on my 6th gen VFR, however, it is very tough to find an 8 spoke rim for a decent price. 

The main point of this desire is strictly for cosmetic purposes, and with that being said I was considering putting the 8th gen vfr rims on (10 spoke).

Is the 8th gen VFR rear wheel rim compatible with the 6th gen, as the 3rd gen is? 

thank you for your time!

Also if anyone here knows where to source an 8 spoke rim, please let me know! I am actively searching and very serious buyer!

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Labs said:

I have been looking for some 3rd gen rims (8 spoke) to put on my 6th gen VFR, however, it is very tough to find an 8 spoke rim for a decent price. 

The main point of this desire is strictly for cosmetic purposes, and with that being said I was considering putting the 8th gen vfr rims on (10 spoke).

Is the 8th gen VFR rear wheel rim compatible with the 6th gen, as the 3rd gen is? 

thank you for your time!

Also if anyone here knows where to source an 8 spoke rim, please let me know! I am actively searching and very serious buyer!

8th gen rims have 5 lugs and the 6th gen has 4, so they aren't compatible.  A few adventurous souls have done some hub conversions, but they aren't plug and play.

Just now, tbzep said:

8th gen rims have 5 lugs and the 6th gen has 4, so they aren't compatible.  A few adventurous souls have done some hub conversions, but they aren't plug and play.

Ah, thats a shame. I should've looked at an image of the wheels before I asked here... Thank you for your speedy response. I got curious about the 8th gen wheels because it seems to be pretty difficult to obtain some 3rd gen wheels.

have any leads on some 3rd gen rims?

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Labs said:

Ah, thats a shame. I should've looked at an image of the wheels before I asked here... Thank you for your speedy response. I got curious about the 8th gen wheels because it seems to be pretty difficult to obtain some 3rd gen wheels.

have any leads on some 3rd gen rims?

I have two 6th gen bikes and only one 3rd gen wheel.  They aren't exactly impossible to find, but they are usually very expensive.  I'd love to have another one, but I can't justify spending that much on a 2nd bike that I don't ride very often. 

Archived