Wanted to say a hello and how happy I am with my 5th Gen

• Member Contributer

It's been quite a while since I've posted/visited this fine site. I've been seeing posts on Face Book recently and most are electrical problems regarding the R/R's. Including newer model VFR's.  A few years ago I purchased an OEM R/R (I believe I purchased that from a member here) so I could have a spare whenever I am on a motorcycling adventure. I usually go on a 3 to 4 day trip to the Waynesville, NC area 2 to 3 times a year. So I bring my spare along just in case.  Well, I have yet to need it.  I have owned my 2000 model for 6 years now. It now has roughly 64,000 miles on it without any of the typical electrical problems I've read about on this site and Face Book. Engine sounds great. No mechanical or clutch noise.  I do check the charging system at least once a year and a visual disconnected inspection of the 3 yellow wire connector. Which still looks great. Oil and filter change at least once a season. When I first got the bike I replaced all the brake pads. Rebuilt the secondary master cylinder. It was leaking and rebuilt the rear caliper and a full brake system bleed. I going to go through the whole brake system again this winter. Just because well, she's old.  Oh and of course tires. Who hasn't spent a wad of money on tires for the last 6 years? I just told my wife a few days ago that this bike is probably the best thing I've ever bought. Anyway, a big thank you for this site and a big thank you for the tonfabulous load of info from all the members here and for being great members here.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Awesome, @JeffInFranklinTN! These 5th gens may be the best bikes ever made...of course I may be a little biased! My 2001 has 33k on it and has been through one R/R but other than that, reliable as anyone could ask for! (picture from Blue Ridge Parkway near Maggie Valley, NC)

IMG_1032.JPG

Archived