Once in my work-life ride....

speedball73

• Member Contributer
On 9/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, TimC said:

+1 on Wheelers for tires.  But try to make an appointment if possible.  I was in the area a few years ago and needed a tire for the trip home, but had to wait for him to finish a couple other bikes first.  But while I was waiting, I did an up-and-back round trip on the Dragon, so I guess it worked out okay!  :)

As for a route, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to ride it, but Route 1 North near Silver Bay, Minnesota is a cool road with many high-speed sweepers and very little traffic (at least the one time I was there).  It's a wooded area, but to me it felt like I was truly in the middle of nowhere.  Kind of a cool feeling.  It's been several years since that trip, so I can't vouch for road conditions now, but back then the pavement was terrific.

I have ridden MN Route 1 from Ely to Illgen City (on the shores of Beautiful Lake Superior) and it is a fabulous route. And I hear it is also great west of Ely. It's been a while so I do not recall any deer sightings, but one would be well advised to keep two eyes open for those !@#%& hooved forest rats.

MaxSwell DeerSlayer :wheel::3::3:

Archived