Finally found an 8 spoke!

austinaw91

I finally found a straight 8 spoke 3rd gen rear rim on eBay. Price was $260 shipped. Will need to be powdercoated to match front (thinking black unless I do both). 

I felt the price was pretty fair considering what they go for nowadays and that they are increasingly hard to find.

Will be installing on my 5th gen with new rear tire this winter. 

More pics to come!

Happy motoring!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f6f95db3bd1454f9c55dcd5e3b587f53.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Member Contributer
I finally found a straight 8 spoke 3rd gen rear rim on eBay. Price was $260 shipped. Will need to be powdercoated to match front (thinking black unless I do both). 

I felt the price was pretty fair considering what they go for nowadays and that they are increasingly hard to find.

Will be installing on my 5th gen with new rear tire this winter. 

More pics to come!

Happy motoring!
s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f6f95db3bd1454f9c55dcd5e3b587f53.jpg

2032378143_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.2d4ee605a9f04e52e969b7b9bd1d2bc0.jpg
What is the weight difference between this wheel and the original? Also is it 5 direct swap?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

An 8 spoker is lighter than a 4th gen OEM. Not by much but I lost the images on them on the scales.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

An 8 spoker is lighter than a 4th gen OEM. Not by much but I lost the images on them on the scales.

I weighed my 8 spoke and it's about 1/2 pound lighter than 5th and 6th 5 spoke. Also lighter than the 1st Gen CB1000R, IIRC. 

• Member Contributer

Good on you!

I occasionally check ebay... it seems like there are a handful of sellers charging frankly offensive prices for these.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Found a seller on ebay from OK. $236 shipped. Will powdercoat along with front after cooling, brake system rebuild, headers, and slip on install. 

20190818_092218.jpg

Archived