Fall Ride 2019

Sweeper

Oct 2-6, Comfort Inn, Abingdon Va
Group rate $82/night plus tax, must be made by 9/21 to get that rate, BUT should we need to cancel or alter reservation it must be done 24 hrs prior to planned arrival. 

No Fees, No Shirts, No food, and no promises. There will be fun. If you have questions, post them here and we'll get them answered. Maybe.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

OK, this is two weeks out. I know there are ten or fifteen members attending but no newbs? Where is everybody? I'm actually going to go ride my bike today just to make sure it will be ready to go.

• Member Contributer

Ok, ok. I guess somebody has to be the new guy. I was going to go up to Quebec next week on the bike, but I can do that another time, its just a few hours away.

in 9 1/2 years on the Board I have met exactly 2 VFRD members. One down in Portland Maine, the other in London at the Motorcycle show when I lived there in 2015. Time to make that a double digit number. VFR's are in short supply in Northern Maine, heck sports bike in general are up here are as its Twinkie heaven. 

A quick look online shows Abingdon is 1,000 miles and 18 hours by my preferred route. Could do it, but think I'll probably do a 700/300 split going down. Have booked for Wednesday and Thursday nights for now. Oddly I was through there in May for a MC meet in NC and again about a month ago, so 3 times in a season is probably the charm.

When I was thinking about this I went and had a look at my rubber. The Bridgestone S22's look like the have 2500-3000K left in them so good to go. There is another new set in the garage should I have any doubts...……………. Chain, Sprockets are new this year, ran the calipers through the Ultrasonic early May and new pads. I'll check the other stuff this week.

Look forward to meeting all of you.

Michael

That’s the spirit! Look forward to meeting you. Beers on me.
I only got 2500 miles on a set of s21’s up there but the middle might have made 3000k.
I’m only five hours but I trailer. Saves those expensive motorcycle tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2019 at 3:31 PM, Sweeper said:

So you’re showing up ready to ride?emoji12.png

LOL, I do so want to say "of course I'll be ready to ride" but recent history has, perhaps, said otherwise.  😬

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, VFRpwr said:

LOL, I do so want to say "of course I'll be ready to ride" but recent history has, perhaps, said otherwise.  😬

Rob, do make sure all engine mounting bolts are properly torqued! lol

Have fun guys and ride safe. See you all for the spring ride.

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I just made my reservations this past Friday. Hope to see some old friends and make new ones. I will be coming in on Thursday late afternoon.

See you,

Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill

859-466-2174

Hi everyone,
I just made my reservations this past Friday. Hope to see some old friends and make new ones. I will be coming in on Thursday late afternoon.

See you,
Bill Mersch, aka MisterBill
859-466-2174

Great news! We’ll keep something cold for you.

• Member Contributer

Just finishing up with packing my saddlebags. Felt a bit nippy and a quick check of the thermometer on the garage showed the temp at about 45, supposed to be mid 30's when I leave tomorrow at 4 am. Sooo... dug out some of my thermals from when I was working in Norway and Greenland a few years back. Looks like I'll need them to get out of and back in to New England.

Should be there mid day on Wen. Changed my plans and route as I think I'll take my time instead  of rushing down and take in a few roads along the way.

See you guys there. Hopefully its warm enough in VA for a cold one.

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, FromMaine said:

See you guys there. Hopefully its warm enough in VA for a cold one.

Well, Wed. and Thursday show to still be in the 90’s with it steadily cooling off the rest of the weekend, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Besides, it’s never too cold for a few/a lot of 🍺🍺🍺🍺.

Well, after I drove six hours yesterday, I found that I had left the keys to both bikes in the van at home. My most excellent wife got up and drove half way to meet me. The PreRide started at 2:00 today. Light rain this afternoon around Boome(of course) and wet roads. Now for an excellent meal and some taste beverage on the porch.70ee0cb05093a10dafec19cd9f993544.jpg

Today’s ride was tight, rough, and dirty just the way his Bigdealness likes it. We also made our pilgrimage to Carvers Gap. They finally fixed the sign for us.d6f9bff3d26066b758c2859d9ec570c5.jpg

IMG_6931.thumb.JPG.ac15496c8cacc0e07ed44775676be854.JPG

There was cheesecake. Not sure we followed the handling instructions.

IMG_6938.thumb.JPEG.e0ec5ad42c0c7cab5146e85e7db96fab.JPEG

Saturdays dual sport ride started with a trip to the parts store. Not sure what Pat and Loyd were up to back there.

IMG_6923.thumb.JPG.bef68499a320abcdcea429016f7ee79d.JPG

There was tire wear. Rob's RA3's made it the entire week!

IMG_6942.thumb.JPEG.373590d366ef518e35cc5288817c7a76.JPEG

Lots of it! I'm still happier on lefts. Got about 2500 miles out of these T31's.

IMG_6935.thumb.JPG.6ec6bc84017959734afa04d17ec8ea16.JPG

Must have been a VFR in the lot before we arrived.

IMG_6944.thumb.JPEG.e5699f9283bbf6bf9c3fba6dc4d4bd77.JPEG

I brought an extra set of tires for Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who attended. A special thank you to those who were out front (Rob, Donna, Aaron, Steve, Jay and Misty). Without you guys, we would be lost, literally.

And THANK YOU Bob Ealy for making the event happen! 

One last thing....Never whisper in Jay's ear unless you want a smack down from Misty. No pics so it didn't happen. You've been warned.

Archived