Luggage / Backbox Question

VFRPHilly

Hi,

New to this forum, picking a Gen 6 2007 up on Tuesday which has two OEM side mounted hard luggage boxes. 

I am looking for options on the topbox, GIVI 166FZ says it is not compatible with the original side case holders which I assume they mean OEM luggage. Is there any other aftermarket manufacture that will fit with the OEM luggage? Thx! 

• Member Contributer

Not sure if you already know about the OEM top rack (P/N 08L42MCW800), but it is compatible with the OEM side cases.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about putting a bicycle rack on my new to me 06, are the grab handle mounted racks beefy enough for ~40 lbs of bike and rack? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, Dash said:

Not sure if you already know about the OEM top rack (P/N 08L42MCW800), but it is compatible with the OEM side cases.

Honda has discontinued this part number.  No longer available unless you find one on the used market

To answer my own question, yes, yes it will support a bike. No luck finding info on oem top box or what mounts to that, got a cheap used givi on craigslist for $80 with plate, done.

FLx9tVA.jpg

• Member Contributer

Only in America..................   :fing02:

Mr Polis will have me on the roadside in no time I'm sure....   and to be honest I think he would be right to do so...

I mean it has a strap going to the passenger pegs to distribute the load, and is like 1/4 the weight of a passenger. I'm not too worried about it. If i had heavy bikes i wouldn't do it, but carbon fiber mountain bike under 25lbs, or my road bike in the 15ish lb range? No worries 😄 

Archived