Screw in tread

Bent

• Member Contributer

Nice ride in the twisties last Sunday.  I have a habit of looking at both tires before I put the bike up.  Back tire has a screw nicely inserted in the tread.  Pull it out (difficult to do) and it was a straight through angle.  Pirelli Angel GT with about 50% of the tread left.  New tire due in today.  Chunking the old tire.  Could have patched it and have done that many times with no issues.  Considering that the bike is going to Western NC this Fall (some serious twisty country), it will go with a perfect tire.  Oh well, another day, another tire.......   

Should have put Angel ST on the rear match GT’s longevity upfront-so that they wear out about the same time.

I have gotten a nail a couple weeks ago. Had to put 3 plugs (luckily at home) to see if it can stay leak-free. So far so good. 

• Member Contributer

Angel ST rear would have lasted longer than the front so didn't make sense.  I'm going to put another brand front I have sitting in the basement with most of the tread left then switch completely to another brand for front and rear at some point.  Pirelli makes good and long lasting tires but are over-priced compared to some others that compete well with Pirelli.  Tires are like oil.  Everyone likes what they use.   Had enough of it.  I've mixed brands many times and know what to watch for in handling.         

Archived