Anybody finding the bronze wheels a little tame?

VFR80025th

If I move to an 8th gen or add a buddy to my RWB at the end of this season i will be powder coating them black.

What do you guys think?

edited-msl-buyers-guide-0438-1024x993.jpg

I could live with any of the three (bronze, black, or white) but what I'd personally really like would be to install the wheels from a newer CB1000R...

honda-cb1000r-plus.webp?v=4

• Member Contributer

I really like the oem bronze color, but I'm also a huge fan of non-standard color wheels, I saw a red set that somebody did on here with a white gen8, looked sharp!

• Member Contributer

Bronze is fine with me.  Doesn't show dirt well and I'm not anal about keeping wheels clean anyway.  

• Member Contributer

I like the bronze of the 8th Gen a lot. In fact, I would like to have bronze wheels on my red 5th gen. Funny how we tend to want something different than what came as factory. If they all came with white wheels how many folks would be painting them black? My guess is quite a few...

• Member Contributer
On 8/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, adkfinn said:

I like the bronze of the 8th Gen a lot. In fact, I would like to have bronze wheels on my red 5th gen. Funny how we tend to want something different than what came as factory. If they all came with white wheels how many folks would be painting them black? My guess is quite a few...

White wheels are a bit feminine.  I like girls though, LOL....

• Member Contributer

Black is awesome. Do it! I have black Marchesini wheels on my 5th gen. Had white on my 86 vfr 700. What a pain to clean but they do look sporty. I really loved the electric blue rims on my 07 Tuono. Think it may rock with the white 8th gen. https://images.app.goo.gl/SpDgqr1G5XGm1msA7

• Member Contributer

I will never understand why some folk like black wheels. For example, here are three tricolore VTec VFRs, each with different coloured wheels. The one with black wheels looks, imnsho, just looks dull by comparison.

three triclore.jpg

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, Lorne said:

I will never understand why some folk like black wheels. For example, here are three tricolore VTec VFRs, each with different coloured wheels. The one with black wheels looks, imnsho, just looks dull by comparison.

I think all three colors look good on that white 8th gen, not so much on the RWB - but to each their own.  For me, "tame" is relative on a bike with flashy metallic stripes and (in my case) a gutted exhaust. Anyway, I like the black wheels on my RWB mainly because i'd rather ride than clean.

Bronze is just fine for me.

After living with two of these for 18 years I'll never have white wheels again until I'm not riding to work every day. They only ever looked clean when I'd just washed it, as soon as it dried they were accumulating grime again!

2005 - Honda CBR600FK.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 8/18/2019 at 4:24 AM, Lorne said:

three triclore.jpg

Black wheels are for those that ride as opposed to those that clean and polish in detail.  

Archived