Color code "kind-of-black" for center-stand etc

• Member Contributer

My plan is to get my center-stand off the the old VFR 750 ('96), blast it and give it a new code of paint. But what is the color?

Screws, bolts, center-stand, side-stand etc is a "kind-of-black" - a very very dark green. I have searched the internet for a color code - no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction - or even better, have the color code?

• Member Contributer

If the stand isn’t black, I’m guessing it’s Tasmania Green. Honda came out with a couple dark colors, depending on the market and year of your bike. It could be Granite Blue too... another nearly black color. Or even Northern Lights Blue. If you’re lucky, you might find the factory sticker under your seat that tells you the code.

JZH knows this stuff. If you look at vsource.org you’ll find a lot broken down there. Then, if you’re still stuck, you might message him directly. He’s usually happy to help. 🙂 Tell him I sent you 🙂🙂 On second thought, don’t tell him I sent you.

• Member Contributer

I take it all back. Mostly. Vsource only documents colors coded through 36F-P. But if your factory sticker is missing, JZH might still know where to look. That’s in case someone else, who actually knows what’s he’s talking about, doesn’t jump in here first. Sorry.

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, GebruikerNotLID said:

If the stand isn’t black, I’m guessing it’s Tasmania Green. Honda came out with a couple dark colors, depending on the market and year of your bike. It could be Granite Blue too... another nearly black color. Or even Northern Lights Blue. If you’re lucky, you might find the factory sticker under your seat that tells you the code.

JZH knows this stuff. If you look at vsource.org you’ll find a lot broken down there. Then, if you’re still stuck, you might message him directly. He’s usually happy to help. 🙂 Tell him I sent you 🙂🙂 On second thought, don’t tell him I sent you.

Great and thanks for the suggestion about vsource.org - I will do that 🙂

Well - I dont think the color of things like screws and center-stand would depend on the color of the bike (too complicated from a logistics point of view). The sticker under the seat is intact but - as far as I know - only gives the "bike-color".

• Member Contributer
51 minutes ago, RC36B said:

I dont think the color of things like screws and center-stand would depend on the color of the bike (too complicated from a logistics point of view). The sticker under the seat is intact but - as far as I know - only gives the "bike-color".

I agree. I wouldn't think the screws and center stand on any model would be anything but...black. Leave it to Honda to make up at least a dozen kinds of black paint. And those are the ones just as listed on vsource. Unfortunately, their color descriptions aren't always helpful. What the hell is Phantom black? Pearl Pure Black? (NH237P) Black green metallic? (G125M) How about, yes, Black? (NH1)

Good luck. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

• Member Contributer

I may as well repeat what I said in the PM, in case anyone else has something to add.  As far as I know, if there weren't colour options available, Honda usually didn't publish the colour codes for the parts.  Stands were only ever black, so there was no code mentioned in the Parts Catalogues.  (I'd be surprised if they intentionally used black with a greenish tint, but you never know!)

Standard screws and bolts have the "surface treatment" noted in the last digit of their part number, e.g., "-07", but parts that are made for a particular bike, such as those with "MT4" or "MZ7" in the middle of the part number, do not have these designations.  I know that the different surface treatment designations are listed somewhere, but I don't recall where I've seen it.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

When I needed my SubSpeed Clear Clutch Cover painted I took it to a neighborhood fellow who build and restored old mc's Hondas included. I asked him to paint it Honda black - satin finish. Which he did and it is indistinguishable from the rest of the black parts. I'm not sure you need an exact color code match.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, MaxSwell said:

When I needed my SubSpeed Clear Clutch Cover painted I took it to a neighborhood fellow who build and restored old mc's Hondas included. I asked him to paint it Honda black - satin finish. Which he did and it is indistinguishable from the rest of the black parts. I'm not sure you need an exact color code match.

Nope - for the center stand, you are right. And for screws, I found out that most screws still ship from Honda in that "odd-greenish-black" finish... Thanks 🙂

Archived