Big Trouble You

• Member Contributer

Dont have a heck of a lot to add, Timmy.

But I did own a 1980 GS850 shafty and really enjoyed that machine.  It was long before I stumbled into my true loves, the v4's.  But still liked the position, look and feel of the bike as a whole.

450 should be a fun around town bike and that looks like a fine example.

That BMW looks like a cool machine, too.  Please don't paint it flat black.

• Member Contributer

They both look like classic machines. And I'm sure you'll be putting them to the use they were made for.

Any plans for modification?

• Member Contributer

A K75!

Tesr-rode one in 1985, went for the K100RS instead.

Here's me visiting the girl in Luxemburg that 13 years later became my wife :goofy:

998576250_BMWK100RStoen.jpg.74b41bf332fc00d7c9d851b3c306cc6f.jpg

• Member Contributer

There was an "interbellum" of some 11 years that were spend looking for greener pastures..... 

Same rear, 32 years later.... :goofy:

IMG_3127.thumb.jpg.fb743855b43309430f0b5bda565eafc0.jpg

Yea, Leon, I used to have a K100RS, and I miss it, but this K75s was soo cheap, I couldn't afford not to buy it. The previous owner delivered it from Wisconsin, then just took it to The Tail of the Dragon.

68792568_950736545287179_517523012044455936_n.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 8/14/2019 at 9:42 PM, timmythecop said:

was soo cheap, I couldn't afford not to buy it. 

Same with my VF400F...  :beer:

• Member Contributer

All of my bikes are V4s too... I’m digging the groovy classic variety though!

if I had the room I’d include a similar Beemer and many other examples of two wheeled Nirvana!

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

At least 13 of my bikes are V4s

Do you have a secret to getting around registration and insurance on 13+ bikes

I won't tell anyone 😉

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, boOZZIE said:

I won't tell anyone 😉

Hi boOZZIE. Yep, sure wish there was a way around our Registration and Insurance fees.

We are ripped off to the max in Australia for multiple car or bike registrations, it makes my blood boil. CTP (Compulsory Third Party Insurance) is applied to every registration NOT per licence. We are certainly catered for medically far better than our American friends if we have an accident, but, bloody hell, we sure pay for it and with every registration. After all, you can only drive or ride one vehicle at a time! Would love to have a few different bikes in the garage, but the fees are a killer.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Grum said:

We are ripped off to the max in Australia for multiple car or bike registrations, it makes my blood boil. CTP (Compulsory Third Party Insurance) is applied to every registration NOT per licence. We are certainly catered for medically far better than our American friends if we have an accident,

It's the same in the US and probably every where else.  The vehicle is insured, not the driver.  Multiple vehicle owners - count me in that - are just as unhappy here.  To the latter, I'm not sure what that assessment is based on.  If you read "The Crash" thread posted recently, there's nothing about being left for dead by the medical community.  Just because the government pays for it does not make it better.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

I won't tell anyone 😉

I have broad form motorcycle coverage that makes me legal on any bike, whether I own it or not ($114 per year).  Then I have some individual policies on a few.  Licensing can get expensive, but for my area in my county, it's about $70 per bike per year.  But I will sometimes swap plates around on similar bikes.  My obviously vintage bikes have collector plates, but I still don't do that on my Interceptors that are eligible because they don't look eligible.  Don't want any unnecessary conversations. 

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi boOZZIE. Yep, sure wish there was a way around our Registration and Insurance fees.

We are ripped off to the max in Australia for multiple car or bike registrations, it makes my blood boil. CTP (Compulsory Third Party Insurance) is applied to every registration NOT per licence. We are certainly catered for medically far better than our American friends if we have an accident, but, bloody hell, we sure pay for it and with every registration. After all, you can only drive or ride one vehicle at a time! Would love to have a few different bikes in the garage, but the fees are a killer.

Cheers.

I know right, could you imagine paying  $70 compared to $600+ for multiple  registrations when you can only operate 1 vehicle at a time. 

• Member Contributer

In the Netherlands, once I register my bike ( any number) I must insure it (at least liability). But then I can let anyone ride it occasionally. Road tax is Eur 10 per month

Vehicles >40 yrs are exempt from road tax,. >25yrs only pay 25% of the annual fee, but may not be used December-February.

Suspending a plate is Eur 24. reactivating free.

Liability insurance for my VF500F2 for instance is like Eur 60 per annum. 

Archived