Chinese Handle Bar Risers for f4i fork swap

dozyproductions

Question

Hello there. Planning on doing the f4i fork swap for my 5th gen. I'm hearing that the 6th gen bars are a direct swap but I'm having a hard time finding some that are available and affordable from the country I live in. Found some cheaper options on ebay (chinese brand) and wanted to ask you if anyone has input on 1" chinese clip ons for such a swap. 

Here is the link: 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-HONDA-CBR600-F4-99-00-VFR800-VTEC-02-09-43mm-Aluminum-Handle-Bars-Clip-On/132786286470?hash=item1eeaadef86:m:mKq6Rqyio-GKMkxtzM2-7bw

This was from a quick search but most seem to be same. Asked the seller if the tips of the bars screw off to allow for bar weights. Waiting for answer. 

6 answers to this question

The rise listed is over 0, not over stock. Just keep that in mind.

2001 f4i is 43mm forks. 98-01 vfr is 41mm. If you find some 41mm, I've got a set of clipons with a 3/4" rise above stock, about 3.25" total, if you're interested.

Here's a great chart

https://www.kiwavmotors.com/en/faq/about-fitment/motorcycle-fork-tube-size-chart

• Member Contributer

Aaahhh... China bashing... Been awhile since we had that here...  :tongue:

Ask your average Buell owner what he or she has to say about made in the USA?

in my experience, machined or welded parts which don't require high precision are pretty easy for chinese manufacturers to make. the problems with buying from china come when they replace metal with plastic to reduce cost or when you're buying something complex. i'm a manufacturing engineer and we'll buy a lot of capital items from china or other low cost countries as long as the materials we want are there and the complexity is low. 

that being said, you can't trust any of their metal specs, CE/UL ratings or anything like that. I think handle bars would be fine.

Archived