The Crash

choco

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, choco said:

If my crash serves as a reminder to other riders to reign it in, just a little, to intersperse lighter paced sight-seeing with high concentration canyon carving, then I’ll take solace in that.

It did have this effect on our group's pace after we passed by the scene.  We rode with a bit more caution the next several days of our trip.

Thanks for the well written account of the crash and your insight.  Glad you're on the mend and wish you the best.

• Member Contributer

From the moment I received the call, my heart dropped thinking about you all.

From the feeling of helplessness watching a fellow rider disappear over the edge, to the angst for the pain you have gone through.

I was so sorrowful not being on that ride with you.  So much more so when I go the news.

Lee, take the time to heal right, you only have one true shot at it.  You are an inspiring soul to me and I look forward to our next meeting.

All my best wishes, from back in July to now and the coming future for a successful recovery.

• Member Contributer

Hi Lee!  This is Steve's wife, Christina.  I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your account of this day.  I don't think you should waste any time lamenting how you inconvenienced anyone.  I can only speak for myself, but witnessing your fall touched me profoundly.  I may not know you well, yet have the utmost respect for you as a person and a rider, and now a writer.  I think of you often and wish you continued healing.  I pray for you and your beautiful family to experience joy and peace.  I truly hope our paths will cross again one day...

All the best, Christina

On 8/12/2019 at 6:41 PM, Grum said:

Speedy recovery Choco. Many thanks for sharing your horrendous experience in such detail, a great insight that we can all learn from. At my age I tend to enjoy smelling the roses a little more than extended periods of full on "canyon carving", still love heading for the hills, just at a slightly more leisurely pace. Maybe I'm just realising that my reflexes, eyesight and judgement aren't quite what they used to be, also my older body and bones take a lot longer to heal.

Hope you get back to full strength and health as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

Thank you.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, didit said:

From the moment I received the call, my heart dropped thinking about you all.

From the feeling of helplessness watching a fellow rider disappear over the edge, to the angst for the pain you have gone through.

I was so sorrowful not being on that ride with you.  So much more so when I go the news.

Lee, take the time to heal right, you only have one true shot at it.  You are an inspiring soul to me and I look forward to our next meeting.

All my best wishes, from back in July to now and the coming future for a successful recovery.

Thanks for the kind words, Tony. I'm healing up pretty well, anxious to get back to work. Enjoying a lot of quality time with Pauline at home. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, 2thdr said:

Hi Lee!  This is Steve's wife, Christina.  I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your account of this day.  I don't think you should waste any time lamenting how you inconvenienced anyone.  I can only speak for myself, but witnessing your fall touched me profoundly.  I may not know you well, yet have the utmost respect for you as a person and a rider, and now a writer.  I think of you often and wish you continued healing.  I pray for you and your beautiful family to experience joy and peace.  I truly hope our paths will cross again one day...

All the best, Christina

I can't imagine that happening to me with a passenger on back. You and Steve are quite a team hope you are always safe. I was impressed by how well you guys and Jeff and Coraline ride on your ADV bikes. This is one reason I'm think, IF EVER I get another bike I might get an ADV bike, perhaps an Africa Twin. No hurry, I promised my wife we will do some extensive travelling first and most often. 

Archived