Where to stay

Bent

• Member Contributer

Thinking seriously about a long weekend trip to Bryson City and area this Fall.  Typically stay in a quiet "cheaper" motel.  Used to stay at the Franklin Inn, in Franklin in the past before it was bulldozed.  

Any recommendations for Bryson City?  The Sleep Inn is out due to high price and the owner.  He and I tangled pretty badly once.  He won't do it again with me and I don't need to go to jail, LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Answered my own question.  Scenic View Motel in Bryson City...."spend a night, not a fortune".  They're re-modeled the rooms and it's pretty peachy and not expensive.  I'm planning a W. NC trip later in October just to get alone and ride the twisties, spend the night, ride again spend the night and ride again, spend the night and ride the twisties all the way home.  Once I replace a front tire and bleed the brakes and clutch fluid, my 8th gen. is ready to rip.  Gettin' excited right now.  😎

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Nope.  Get an AirBnb.  Motels in the area are ridiculously priced.  Leaf peepers must have a lot of money or be stupid.  I quit tents a LONG time ago.  

• Member Contributer

Haven’s Budget Inn is where I like to stay in Franklin. It’s an old-school place and that’s part of its charm. Locally-owned and operated. It’s commonly referred to as “the hiker motel”, as they run a daily shuttle to the AT for through-hikers. As such, there is usually a bit of activity outside the rooms, with hikers hanging out, talking, and enjoying beverages. Rate is ~$50. 

Archived