5th gen aftermarket headers

boondocker

• Member Contributer

Here's some high res pics of my Two Bros system and it looks identical, the welds, spring retainers, pipe and outlet shape. I'd bet it's a TBros system.

IMG_9000.JPG

IMG_9001.JPG

• Member Contributer

Erion & TBR are very similar, IIRC they were made by the same people who parted ways to make two companies. But Erion were a smidge wider, so if 39mm OD as claimed they are likely Erion, TBR were only 38mm OD, but it could be an error on the OP's part measuring the headers. Either way basically the same performance !

Thanks guys. Mohawk, I took a few measurements all over the pipes. 39mm might be a stretch.  I'll double check and report back. Just need a can to go with it now. Any recommendation?  I can throw the OEM on till then.

12 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

Here's some high res pics of my Two Bros system and it looks identical, the welds, spring retainers, pipe and outlet shape. I'd bet it's a TBros system.

IMG_9000.JPG

IMG_9001.JPG

Huh. The pipes I have do have this golden hue to them in certain areas.

• Member Contributer

Yeah Golden & my TBR'are stainless & black !  Erion only came in stainless AFAIK, either way no real difference in performance. If anyones interested TBR for VFR800  & HRC RC45 use the same diameters, HRC are Titanium thus lighter & left exit !

• Member Contributer

This isn't very useful information without a TBR to compare it with, but when the guy (Dan Dreisdale?) made my underseat exhaust link pipes he mentioned that he'd had to cut down the exit pipe on my Erion a bit because it was longer than the TBR he had used to make the underseat jig.

Any stainless steel full system for a VFR is a rare thing!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

The high mount TBros has a different outlet angle, so if you throw a stock pipe on it and it's pointing off at 3 o'clock it's a Tbros. As far as I remember, the low mount Tbros and Erion systems had a standard outlet.

3 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

The high mount TBros has a different outlet angle, so if you throw a stock pipe on it and it's pointing off at 3 o'clock it's a Tbros. As far as I remember, the low mount Tbros and Erion systems had a standard outlet.

Good to know. Haven't had a chance to work on it but I'll dry fit it and see what comes of it.

Archived