This could be my final year with the RWB

VFR80025th

MY RWB VFR has been the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

I have had it for 3 years. Not one problem.

No electrical issues. Nice!

New shoes this year Road 5s and new Yuasa YTZ12s.

She has 32,000kms or 20,000 miles.

I may move onto to an 8th gen but it does look a little boring but the white is growing on me.

The RWB is hard to beat looks wise.

May consider 2020 Suzuki Katana 1000.

But this is all up in the air but I do love VFRs and Vfour engines so 8thgen VFR is in the running.

I will powder coat wheels white or black if I get 8thgen over winter.

Nothing is written in stone but that is what I'm thinking right now.

Thxs

Ride safe.

20190616_075301.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm sorta in the same boat and totally get what you mean.  I also have a RWB 07' and may have to give it up end of next year.  My issue is garage space and going from having two bikes to one.  My other ride is a Versys 650 LT.  Right now my top two bikes to replace both in my garage are either a BMW R1200R or a Kawasaki Ninja 1000.  Time will tell.

Now if Honda would have brought the RWB Gen 8 to the States then I would have other considerations.  I also do like the all white but I don't see those for sale all that often.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Jixsta said:

I should have never sold my 07 RWB 😞

I should have bought one.  I was torn between it and the Triumph Sprint that I ended up buying.  

• Member Contributer

I don't ever recall a thread where someone said they were glad they sold their VFR, no matter the vintage. 

Moral:  NEVER sell your VFR.  Other bikes will come and go but the V-4 will always have a special place for anyone on 2 wheels. 

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Cogswell said:

I don't ever recall a thread where someone said they were glad they sold their VFR, no matter the vintage. 

Moral:  NEVER sell your VFR.  Other bikes will come and go but the V-4 will always have a special place for anyone on 2 wheels. 

LOL, True!

• Member Contributer

Better to just keep the VFR and buy a stablemate for it that serves your other wants and needs. I ended up adding a 16 Tuono Factory V4. I imagine that 1100cc V4 will grow on me. Haven't had time to ride it properly but every day I get on my VFR800 and ride it to work and back and think what a fantastic bike it is.

Sold my beloved 86 VFR700 to buy my 98 VFR800. Put 135k miles on it and sold it to try something new.

CBR954R was too track focused.

07 Tuono was super cool bike but not the best commuter, and speeding tickets threatened my license.

RC51 never street legal due to lost title,  but I would have kept it had I not gotten infatuated with Triumps.

09 Street Triple was amazingly fun but again not a great commuter. Wish I'dkept it now.

FZ1 was probably the closest to all around awesomeness but was getting up in miles 94k miles.

Somewhere in all that bike swapping I picked up a low mile smartly modified 99 VFR800 and it has been my bread and butter and meat and potatoes bike. 

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

FZ1 was probably the closest to all around awesomeness but was getting up in miles 94k miles.

# me too....  had a garage full of Honda toys, vfr400/750, Hawk GT, cbr400, etc, BUT the FZ1 was my go to all rounder/traveler for years.. 98 vfr800 fills that role now, but the tracer is tempting....

I have like 115,000 mile on my 2006, Doesn't get ridden much, since I bought a KTM 500, and thinking of selling it, but at the mileage, not worth selling, as the motor doesn't burn a drop and reliability is very strong. Its worth more as a piece of machinery , than I could get paid for it.

But the forward bias is hard on my old age shoulders.

When I die. I'll still have my RWB. I can kick myself in the butt for selling to Cogswell my last A&A supercharger. Plus I should have never sold my RC51 either.

VFR.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 5th gen I sold for my RC51.  Loved that but I ride on the normal streets so traffic on that thing in South Florida heat killed me.  From that I went to a B4 MV.  In the end I am back to a VFR.  Too much soul in this bike to get rid of it.  Worst thing I did was trying to find a soul in an inline 4.  Yuck.

A couple folks above mentioned the FZ1.  When I was bike shopping in 2006, it came down to the VFR and the 2nd gen. FZ1.  I'm sure I would have been happy with the Yamaha, but I'm glad I bought my 6th gen.  I've had it ever since.

I've been interested in a few BMWs over the years, and am kind of shopping for an R1200R or RS now.  I'll probably go with the R, and if so I'll likely go with the previous generation air/oil-cooled bike instead of the newer liquid cooled bike.  If I do buy one, it will replace my VFR, but man, I've loved this bike - and I still do.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 7/26/2019 at 4:42 PM, Calculon said:

I'm sorta in the same boat and totally get what you mean.  I also have a RWB 07' and may have to give it up end of next year.  My issue is garage space and going from having two bikes to one.  My other ride is a Versys 650 LT.  Right now my top two bikes to replace both in my garage are either a BMW R1200R or a Kawasaki Ninja 1000.  Time will tell.

Now if Honda would have brought the RWB Gen 8 to the States then I would have other considerations.  I also do like the all white but I don't see those for sale all that often.

OH MAN!!  Don't get rid of the BMW.  The boxer engine is a torque monster that just goes and goes, and goes.  BMW makes great bikes.  After two of them and zero problems, I know.  

• Member Contributer
On 11/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, Bent said:

After two of them and zero problems, I know.  

Ahhhh, you're the one! I claim my $50 reward.  :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Skids said:

Ahhhh, you're the one! I claim my $50 reward.  :biggrin:

Good.  You can spend it on Black Monday.  Collect it first.   

Archived