Crash protectors

• Member Contributer

I got their frame plugs and fork sliders too. IMO, aesthetically I think it looks better without the fork sliders. I'd certainly consider selling you mine.

• Member Contributer

I have the R&G engine protectors, fork sliders and rear hub protector.

Quality kit!

I've said this before, but I would not recommend frame sliders to anyone on this bike. I had these same R&G sliders on my first 2010 VFR1200F.  I was t-boned by a car at slow speed and low sided with the bike sliding about 10-15 feet down an urban road.  My frame was tweaked at the slider mount point and the slider was ripped right off. The bike was about 45 days old at the time and written off due to damage the sliders caused on the opposite side of bike, not where the car hit me. The insurance adjuster said that frame sliders do this often with many of the bikes he writes off.  Additionally, the plastics were all scratched and cracked on the side it landed on (opposite where the car hit me). So the slider didn't save sh1t.

I bought a second VFR1200 (a dual clutch version), 60 days later and never installed them on any bike since then including my new 2018 CBR1000RR SP1.  

If you want protection for a tip over, get some some panniers. They make better sliders than these things.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, stinkyfinger said:

I've said this before, but I would not recommend frame sliders to anyone on this bike. I had these same R&G sliders on my first 2010 VFR1200F.  I was t-boned by a car at slow speed and low sided with the bike sliding about 10-15 feet down an urban road.  My frame was tweaked at the slider mount point and the slider was ripped right off. The bike was about 45 days old at the time and written off due to damage the sliders caused on the opposite side of bike, not where the car hit me. The insurance adjuster said that frame sliders do this often with many of the bikes he writes off.  Additionally, the plastics were all scratched and cracked on the side it landed on (opposite where the car hit me). So the slider didn't save sh1t.

I bought a second VFR1200 (a dual clutch version), 60 days later and never installed them on any bike since then including my new 2018 CBR1000RR SP1.  

If you want protection for a tip over, get some some panniers. They make better sliders than these things.

I have always said, with some chagrin, hardbags make great sliders. Don't ask. :blush:

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer
5 hours ago, RasXB said:

Where can I see this?

Errr..... try Google?

• Member Contributer
On 7/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, stinkyfinger said:

Did your insurance cover the damage or did they claim it was caused by the sliders. 

I look at this kind of stuff as tip over protection, not crash protection.

Will hopefully help if you fall over in a parking lot.

Pitch it away with any speed, and all bets are off.

Archived