Type 1 vs Type 2 upper cowl replacement

Sirmilton

Unfortunately my neighbor dropped my VFR last week, and though it was just on the driveway there was enough damage to the left side that the fairings need to be replaced, as well as the mirror cap and bar end weight. There's one part I need some help verifying though, the Upper Cowl. There's Type 1 and Type 2, from what I can surmise it's related to the emblem on the side, either "VFR" or "Interceptor". I have a US DLX, so it says "Interceptor", but I'm not sure which is the right part. HELP PLEASE!

COWL SET, L. (UPPER) (TYPE1) (WL)

64230-MJM-A00ZB

OR

COWL SET, L. (UPPER) (TYPE2) (WL)

64230-MJM-A00ZA

• Member Contributer

The "Type" usually refers to the paint scheme, and the suffix ZA or ZB usually refers to the paint colour.  But the "WL" means "with labels", so I suppose it could also refer to the same colour cowls with different decals...

In the front of the Honda Parts Catalogues there will be a key to the Type designations, but if you don't have access to that, the best way to make sure you get the right part is to leave it in the hands of the dealer--then if it's wrong it's their problem!

My quick research suggests that the red panel with "Interceptor" instead of "VFR" is 64230-MJM-A00ZA, based on this translated Japanese webpage: https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/2387219/car/2462158/4448811/1/note.aspx#title

Google Chrome translated the page for me and it looks like the Japanese guy was surprised to get the "Interceptor" part, and it was definitely that part number.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived