Aftermarket Oil Filler Cap

KevCarver

Question

• Member Contributer

Has anyone found an interesting alloy oil filler cap for an 800 (any/all years) with provisions for lock wire. I know I could drill a hole in my stock black plastic cap, but I want something more visually interesting. I have seen several possibilities, but I am having trouble confirming what sizes fit the 800. According to a Ron Ayers part# search no sport bikes use the same cap, but I see several listings that claim to fit RC51, or CBR RR and fit the VFR800. Maybe sellers are getting confused because VFR1200 uses the same cap as those sport bike models?

6 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't be at all surprised if many Hondas used the same oil filler cap thread.

Ciao,

JZH

Shoot, sorry. Got caught in the rain in the ride home from work so I had to wipe down the bike then drive 1.5 hours away so the wife could buy a used trampoline. I'll check this tomorrow

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, JZH said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if many Hondas used the same oil filler cap thread.

Ciao,

JZH

They do. Many use the one listed for the 800. Many different ones use the one listed for VFR1200. Most aftermarket are geared towards the more sporting range, which seems to be shared with the 1200.

Archived