Custom Brake Lines

dozyproductions

Question

Has anyone just sourced their own brake lines 'kit'? I live in poland and these pre made kits could go for 1000 - 1800 zl after shipping. That's still a lot in our country. Are there cheaper but semi equally effective solutions? Btw, will be doing the f4i shock conversion during the winter. 

Found this site just for a quick example:
https://shop.revivalcycles.com/motorcycle-parts/brake/

8 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I just bought some Venhill lines from the US distributor, but you could probably get them shipped from the UK. 

https://www.venhill.co.uk/line/build/

The quality is top notch and I thought the prices were reasonable. 

• Member Contributer

So long as you don't have a TUV regime like in Germany, where you have to enter every modification into the bike's documents, and you need a certification from the manufacturer for each one: No tickee, no laundry...

I don't know about the Zloty, but GBP is quite weak at the moment, due to impending Brexit.  Pick up a bargain at our expense!

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, JZH said:

So long as you don't have a TUV regime like in Germany, where you have to enter every modification into the bike's documents, and you need a certification from the manufacturer for each one: No tickee, no laundry...

I don't know about the Zloty, but GBP is quite weak at the moment, due to impending Brexit.  Pick up a bargain at our expense!

Ciao,

JZH

I've definitely taken advantage of "the Brexit effect" on a couple of things...

• Member Contributer

Single malt is already cheaper over here in NL than in the UK...

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

Single malt is already cheaper over here in NL than in the UK...

Which ones? 

Macallan 18yo, Glendroanach Parliament, Balvenie Doublewood, Ledaig 10 yo?

Ha, the pound was over 5 zl at one point but the current 4.5-4.8 zl/pound really doesn't help much haha. We make the same figures as you guys, all expenses are similar too, but just in zloty. A beer here is 10 zl... that would be 2 pounds for you guys lol. A kebab can be found for 14 zl and a 500 ml vodka for 25 zl. Brexit effect or not, you should still buy some investment property in Warszawa 😉 

And thank god we're not Germany, in some ways at least. Wouldn't mind a lot of the other stuff. 

Archived