WSBK Laguna Seca 2019

YoshiHNS

• Member Contributer

Riding VFR up friday morning with some friends and coming home Monday. Staying in Seaside. Sent you a PM if you want to meet up. Who else is going?

• Member Contributer

Wife and I driving down Saturday through Monday. It's been 10 years since I made it to Laguna Seca for the races.

• Member Contributer

Heading down from the north bay early Sunday a.m., then overnight in Monterey.

Honda continues to suck in WSBK so I guess I'll root for Rea to continue his comeback, or VDM.

IMG_2197.jpg

• Member Contributer

Had a great time. Took the coast the whole way up friday. Got a little wind storm near Big Sur. Very light traffic. Looks like the track has some improvements. Lot of new pavement for parking lots. Believe the general motorcycle parking is paved now as well. Looking forward to going next year already.

• Member Contributer

Yeah, Bautista did again what he was good at in MotoGP as well eh? :tongue:

I did check the TV coverage's crowd shots for any "VFR" hats or T-shirts to no avail..... 

Next year, wear a fluo pink hat and T-shirt please......:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Well my chapped lips have healed and stopped bleeding and I've given the VFR the love and attention she needed after Laguna Seca. Mounting up to ride in the morning I began to flash back to the weekend so decide to pick up where my last semi exhausted post left off. Includes some picture.

Me and my BTE friends on corkscrew hillside over turn 4. Could see some great action there and over turn 1/2 hillside. 

Pit Lane Walk Santa Clause. We got in line for this only to be turned away because we didn't have the wrist bands. We must have looked liked sad puppies. A big heavy man in a Hawaiian shirt straw hat and cargo shorts reached into his pockets and managed to find 4 bands and gave them to us. What a cool guy. Hawaiian Santa got us into pit lane.

Hwy 1. My favorite part of the ride up and back. Views and temps are perfect and the curves keep you on your toes.

Monterey Bay Cannery Row on Sunday night. Extravagant seafood dinner and drinks. Uber was our friend all weekend. 

Ride home Monday. We were happy to see our bikes again. They'd been locked up in the garage of our Airbnb  apartment complex whilst UBER drove us everywhere it was often cramped and not at all cheap. Breakfast at the Breakfast Club was our goodbye to Monterey. Hwy 1 would be our friend now.

We made the wrong route choice on the way back.  We cut inland at Santa Maria on 166. First group of cars coming the opposite way included a CHP cruiser. We all took the clue and started laying into the climbing sweepers and long satisfying multi car passes. Fast but not go directly to jail fast.

By the time we hit Maricopa and our favorite road hwy 33 the temperature was horrific. Hot and tired is not the right condition to ride that road at pace. I stayed back with a rider more my speed and we let our 2 A group riders vanish ahead of us.

20190714_110732.jpg

20190714_130714.jpg

20190715_094438.jpg

20190714_195109.jpg

20190714_194419.jpg

B7EFB444-1676-4E9E-98B7-7931AF645613.jpeg.d79a30b3d468a2b161992f925c9a4573.jpeg

Archived