Blue Ridge Parkway pic

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, HughJebolzak said:

IMG_7669.JPG

Nice pic Hugh. I've never seen the red Givi's. Your machine is looking Mighty Fine.

• Member Contributer

This photo was taken half way through a road trip my son and I went on and was our first road trip together. Through the mountains of West Virginia and North Carolina to the Dragon and back again. Awesome roads as many here know. My son was on a Suzuki SV650 that I gave him last year, on which I have done this trip many times. He crashed 4 hours into the seven day 2800 km (1740 mile) ride. Low sided because of some sand/gravel leading into a curving stop, and he was looking at the scenery instead of the pavement. The bike slid along the road for 65 feet until it met with the grass at the road side. Damaged the bike of course and banged himself up pretty well in the process, but we continued on and had an excellent adventure.

That's funny.  My father and I did a similar trip to The Dragon.  Him on a '95 VFR, me on an '03 SV650S.  I also had a brief dismount from the bike, but was able to continue and enjoy the rest of the trip.  Still have the scars (and the good memories).  Next trip is to the Cabot Trail, this time with brother on an '08 GSX650F, me on the Viffer, and my father on his '12 GL1800. 

• Member Contributer

Great shot. When I lived on the east coast time off from work meant Skyline-->BRP-->Dragon-->Cherohala. The southern half of the BRP is particularly fun.

Appalachians 05.06 019.jpg

Archived