Start problems VF750F 84’

Devil3344

Hi! I’m new on this forum, and i need som help. I got this bike in 4 boxes and a frame. I have almost put it back together but I won’t start. I have good spark, fuel and air on every cylinder. I have been following a manual, so I put the left coil to front cylinder (2-4) and the right to the back (1-3). But if I google it, I se many of those bike is connected the opposite way. 

Can anyone help me to solve this? And if some of you have another idea to get it running, please write

Starter isn’t a problem, engine it’s firing, but It won’t start.  Sound like it firing the wrong way, it’s say poff in the carburetors. kind of it firing at 2-4 when it should firing 1-3.. if you understand what I mean  

4 hours ago, Devil3344 said:

Starter isn’t a problem, engine it’s firing, but It won’t start.  Sound like it firing the wrong way, it’s say poff in the carburetors. kind of it firing at 2-4 when it should firing 1-3.. if you understand what I mean  

4 hours ago, Devil3344 said:

RAEVA MI VERKER !

22 hours ago, Devil3344 said:

Nice for you.. but I don’t need any information about how your ass is feeling..

that's all the Norwegian i know  😛

• Member Contributer

According to my Honda manual, the left coil (generator side) goes to the rear cylinders, the right coil (clutch side) goes to the front.

The blue low tension wire goes to coil 2-4 and the yellow to 1-3. Black/white goes to both.

VF750 coils.png

VF750 coils2.png

15 hours ago, Terry said:

According to my Honda manual, the left coil (generator side) goes to the rear cylinders, the right coil (clutch side) goes to the front.

The blue low tension wire goes to coil 2-4 and the yellow to 1-3. Black/white goes to both.

VF750 coils.png

VF750 coils2.png

I guess that's my problem... I get a new starter tomorrow, so i will try to connect it the opposite way that i already have try ... hope it will start

• 4 weeks later...

Archived