Compatability with VFR800X acccessories - rear carrier

2015vfr

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase the rear carrier and 45l box (looks like the 45l is europe only, and even the rear carrier is no longer available in the US).

Is it the same parts for the VFR800FD (US) and the euro VFR800X?

Using lings and CMD from the UK I got these parts (labelled VFR800X)

• Member Contributer

Also, the picture that CMD has and the one in the Honda accessory catalog are the same.

I checked with the dealer I bought the bike from and they're not able to get the rear carrier anymore either.

rear carrier.JPG

• Member Contributer

Well I can't find the rear carrier anywhere in the US or UK, I placed an order with partshark, but that was cancelled this morning as not available. I did email Lings and am waiting on a response regarding fitment of the crosstour carrier

I also found the carrier on webike, but very expensive, and I'm not sure if they would be able to get it anyways https://japan.webike.net/products/22985794.html

Honda released a 2019 VFR in Japan so I would expect that they keep making the accessories.

Does anyone know if the motech rear carrier can accept the factory luggage mount?

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Skids said:

On what are you basing that m8?

15 hours ago, Skids said:

On what are you basing that m8?

The fact that the 45l  brackets for the vfr are 3 part and different shape to the cross runner.  Whilst the mounting holes holes will be the same the area around the back of the seat is different.  Vfr one is black the crossrunner is greyish. 

You obviously know better, so do they fit?

the vfr1200 carrier fits. 

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, 2015vfr said:

Well I can't find the rear carrier anywhere in the US or UK, I placed an order with partshark, but that was cancelled this morning as not available. I did email Lings and am waiting on a response regarding fitment of the crosstour carrier

I also found the carrier on webike, but very expensive, and I'm not sure if they would be able to get it anyways https://japan.webike.net/products/22985794.html

Honda released a 2019 VFR in Japan so I would expect that they keep making the accessories.

Does anyone know if the motech rear carrier can accept the factory luggage mount?

Try cmsnl

20 minutes ago, fink said:

Try cmsnl

Thanks, I did check there and they have it for $440 shipped, that's a bit steep. although the image looks like the black carrier (08L42-MGE-800)

Lings got back to me with the alternate number (I think this is the same as 1200 carrier) which is a bit more affordable (about $300, which matches the US price). Total for the whole rear luggage set came in under $800 shipped.

I'm also getting the quick shifter which should be fun

• Member Contributer

What colour you looking for. I know someone that was selling rack and 45l box ( white) . Don’t know if it’s been sold yet tho. 

9 hours ago, fink said:

What colour you looking for. I know someone that was selling rack and 45l box ( white) . Don’t know if it’s been sold yet tho. 

I'm looking for white if it's still available 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, 2015vfr said:

I'm looking for white if it's still available 

He sadly for you managed to sell them the other week.

• 4 weeks later...

In the US, the rear carrier is listed as PN: 08L73-MJM-A10.  In the UK (and Europe?) (and Australia?) the same carrier is listed as PN: 08L71-MJM-D10.  I too came up dry, trying to locate one of these rear racks.  I even talked with an inside contact I had at Honda in Marysville, OH.  They told me the part was unavailable.  And there were none to be had anywhere in Honda's warehouse system.  And the part would not be produced anymore.

I did happen to locate one at Blackpool Honda, in the UK.  I ordered one, thinking to myself "The order will be cancelled as un-deliverable."  I was wrong.  Sure enough, they delivered.  Nothing hokey about the order.  They were great to deal with!  It was the genuine Honda part.  After taking delivery, I told  Blackpool Honda how hard it was to find this part number. and asked them to check and see if they could order another one.  They came back with the answer, two days ago, that the warehouse shows 6 in stock, ready for immediate shipment.  So... the next six VFR owners to order this rack from Blackpool Honda are going to get a rack...

The only bad thing I will say about the rack, is it is heavy.  It weighs 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg).  It is cast aluminum construction. and well made.  Fit and finish are great.  It is just a little on the porky side.  However, if you want the genuine Honda rack for a Gen 8 VFR / Interceptor, This is the rack you re looking for.  I like mine.

I bought a 31L top case and carrier from a dealer in the UK on ebay. 

The carrier I was sent was "greyish".  I hope it fits (two conflicting opinions above).

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon when I have time to head to the garage to test it all.  

I really hope it fits.

• Member Contributer
On 7/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, VFRWizard said:

In the US, the rear carrier is listed as PN: 08L73-MJM-A10.  In the UK (and Europe?) (and Australia?) the same carrier is listed as PN: 08L71-MJM-D10.  I too came up dry, trying to locate one of these rear racks.  I even talked with an inside contact I had at Honda in Marysville, OH.  They told me the part was unavailable.  And there were none to be had anywhere in Honda's warehouse system.  And the part would not be produced anymore.

I did happen to locate one at Blackpool Honda, in the UK.  I ordered one, thinking to myself "The order will be cancelled as un-deliverable."  I was wrong.  Sure enough, they delivered.  Nothing hokey about the order.  They were great to deal with!  It was the genuine Honda part.  After taking delivery, I told  Blackpool Honda how hard it was to find this part number. and asked them to check and see if they could order another one.  They came back with the answer, two days ago, that the warehouse shows 6 in stock, ready for immediate shipment.  So... the next six VFR owners to order this rack from Blackpool Honda are going to get a rack...

The only bad thing I will say about the rack, is it is heavy.  It weighs 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg).  It is cast aluminum construction. and well made.  Fit and finish are great.  It is just a little on the porky side.  However, if you want the genuine Honda rack for a Gen 8 VFR / Interceptor, This is the rack you re looking for.  I like mine.

Blackpool Honda are a very reliable supplier. I've used them many times before without a hitch and they often have good deals on parts as well.

Glad you sorted it. 

23 hours ago, willph said:

I bought a 31L top case and carrier from a dealer in the UK on ebay. 

The carrier I was sent was "greyish".  I hope it fits (two conflicting opinions above).

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon when I have time to head to the garage to test it all.  

I really hope it fits.

CONFIRMED, the GREY carrier for the vfr800x DOES NOT FIT the VFR800.  

bah. wish I saw this thread before i ordered it all the way from europe.

Anyone need a rear carrier for the vfr800x? LOLLLLL

On 7/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, VFRWizard said:

Is this them?  https://www.coxmotorcyclesdirect.com

I messaged the seller on ebay that I bought the rear box and whole kit from to see if he will exchange it for me.  
He hasnt responded.  
I might have to swallow this mistake.  sigh.  
And I dont think they sold the crossrunner in north america.....so chances of selling this carrier are slim....

• 2 weeks later...

If it can help anybody : for my (pearl-white) model 2014 VFR800F (color code NH-B53P), I bought a set numbered 08L70-MJMD10. This set includes the 2 side panniers (the right one of them carrying a heat protection shield), and a set of 2 rubbers.

Archived