12v Power Outlet Bracket

• Member Contributer

Hey 5th gen owners!

I have been working on a 12v power outlet bracket for the 6th gen 

and it appears that it may actually fit the 5th gen as well. Is there anyone in the GTA, close to Newmarket with a 5th gen who would be interested in a bracket and testing it on their bike for fitment?

Take a look at my write up below 

Let me know what you all think, Cheers!!!

• Member Contributer

I like it a lot! However, you loose half the 5th Gen market because the '98-'99 don't have the plastic bezel. I fall into that category with a '99, but I front end swapped mine and now have a 954(?) top triple that should have a plastic bezel. I have been wondering for years how to clean up the space where the bezel would sit. Considered installing a stock bezel, but the key position marking are on the barrel of the switch already. This looks like it would cover the recess in the triple and delete the empty screw holes. Also give me a nice power socket placement and maybe figure a way to get my volt meter installed again. Previously it was installed in the plastic, and after a rebuild with custom painted side fairings I couldn't bear to cut into them. 

I wonder if the angle on the triple is similar enough to fit it?

58EEAB99-37F9-4E6E-A173-9000F7E8A391.jpeg

D6D1F0EC-64FB-430D-BE51-67BA89836728.jpeg

What do you think from the pics? Will it work?

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, BuzznerSuntrusts said:

you loose half the 5th Gen market because the '98-'99 don't have the plastic bezel.

I hadn't realized that they changed the upper triple tree on the 5th gen part way through. That's good to know!

10 minutes ago, BuzznerSuntrusts said:

I wonder if the angle on the triple is similar enough to fit it?

The angle on the 954 triple clamp seems to be a lot less shallow that the stock triple. If you'd like I can PM you a PDF stencil of the outline of the bracket and you can do a dry paper cut out fit to see.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

• Member Contributer
Just now, TriumphTraitor said:

I hadn't realized that they changed the upper triple tree on the 5th gen part way through. That's good to know!

The angle on the 954 triple clamp seems to be a lot less shallow that the stock triple. If you'd like I can PM you a PDF stencil of the outline of the bracket and you can do a dry paper cut out fit to see.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

Yeah, do that! Thanks, that'll be great!

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, TriumphTraitor said:

Looks like it fits pretty well. Does it clear the gauge cluster when you turn the bars? 

Yes.

Those were the only bolts I could find that would fit. I'll have to source some interesting matching ones.

• Member Contributer

Ebay has a fantastically selection of stainless cap screws, I got a 10 pack of m6 stainless steel  torx cap screws for like 3 bucks. 

Well if you're interested, I can get a quote on shipping for you to ship the bracket 

Let me know! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

This is cool, man!😎

TriumphTraitor recommended a set of charger and voltmeter on eBay, but I found the same one on Amazon for a couple bucks more. The catch is that it already rode the slow boat from China so it got to me in a weekend instead of like 3 weeks. 

Wired up and ready to rock-n-roll:

D334C568-84D8-4905-8CE5-96869789F339.jpeg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, BuzznerSuntrusts said:

This is cool, man!😎

TriumphTraitor recommended a set of charger and voltmeter on eBay, but I found the same one on Amazon for a couple bucks more. The catch is that it already rode the slow boat from China so it got to me in a weekend instead of like 3 weeks. 

Wired up and ready to rock-n-roll:

D334C568-84D8-4905-8CE5-96869789F339.jpeg

Looks really good, mate! 

Glad to see it fits. I'll have to keep Amazon in mind for these next time

Archived