2012 VFR 1200F DCT - Traction Control (TCS) not working (?)

Yesterday I picked up a 2012 VFR 1200F DCT from the dealership replacing my 2003 CBR 1100XX Superblackbird.

Before that I owned a 1996 VFR 750F. So I guess I am back where I started in a way.

Today it was raining pretty heavy in the Netherlands and I switched DCT driving mode to manual by downshifting manually.

Being new to this bike I accelerated a bit too enthusiastic causing the rear wheel to spin a bit out of control when leaving the traffic light. 😫

Afterwards I thought: This motorcycle should have TCS but "nothing happened", no control system was active at all.

I have read the owners manual after this and that manual states there are a few DCS lights on the dash when the VFR ignition is set to ON: A off or on status should be showing but I do not see them:

• Also the average consumption is always 0,4 liters per 100km's when stationary or when driving.
  • When I press the TCS button "nothing happens", no indication light are turning on/off on the dash.

What could be wrong? 😵

On 6/10/2019 at 6:00 PM, swimmer said:

ABS and TC light should go on at start up and off once your speed goes past about 10kph.

I will go back to the Dealership so they can take a look at it.

Besides this the "handbrake" is also not working. 😞

• 2 weeks later...

The store took the VFR back because this could not be fixed.

I did a test drive with a 2014 VFR1200X at the same store which was fun so I bought it. This Friday I hope to pick up this VFR!

20190622_113818_1280.thumb.jpg.e3b646f3e098e22edc90adbbdd0f885b.jpg

On 6/26/2019 at 7:38 PM, Skids said:

Nice bike, hope you enjoy her. :beer:

Thank you, at least everything seems to working with this one. 😎

Riding position is much better (for me) and this one is equipped with a center stand, heated grips and has second generation DCT so I can up and downshift manually within Drive or Sport mode.
Also this motorcycle is newer and has less mileage.

• Member Contributer

Wow, sounds like if you had a 2010 DCT with no traction control on the bike, you'd not have to deal with a failure of the system and them buying it back.  Less moving parts equals less risk of catastrophic failure I guess. 

Archived