Honda Wing VInyl Stickers? (

Maverickk

Hey guys, I was recently browsing kijiji and saw a '98 VFR 800 with what appeared to be large black honda wing vinyl stickers, akin to those found on the RVT1000R/RC51. I've never seen these on any VFR before but I thought they looked amazing. Before I could ask him where he got them, the ad was taken down. It's possible that they were fairings, though they looked like the stock red VFR panels, besides the large black lines/wings. Anyone have any clue where one could purchase these?

Edit: Actually managed to find an image of it!

Honda-rc51-9-4423.jpg

example.png

• Member Contributer

Maybe it is the angle on the VFR picture, but that wing looks awful/nothing like the one on the RC51.... 

Looks more "I had some spare black vinyl and a sharpie" to me... 

just my 2cents.....

• Member Contributer

I believe the same wing design was used on some CBR600s from around the same era.  I agree that the stripes on that VFR look very amateurish--the bike would have looked better without them!

Ciao,

JZH

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

You can try this too...... I would prefer that wing in a smaller scale myself.... but you can try a local signmaker, they can duplicate the graphic of your choice in any size, and make a wrap or vinyl (most lighted signs are a piece of plexiglass with a printed vinyl skin/wrap).

https://j3graphix.com/product-category/motorcycle-graphics-kits/

• Member Contributer

The wings on that VFR definitely are incorrect.

These are custom-made Tape Works wings, specific to the 5th Gen. They’re multiple pieces and an absolute PITA to get lined up, because of all the compound curves of the bodywork and openings. They’re dead-straight, but, the bodywork and pic angles make them look otherwise. 

BA5A94CF-A8D1-41F1-814E-082857C21AF6.jpeg

F859F19C-1787-4C60-A237-8642582B95DF.jpeg

Archived