VFR1200F Abs - My Middle Eastern Toy!

Just wanted to upload a few pics and ask if anyone has any ideas about which tyres they feel are the best for 40+ degree heat? As that's the standard out here in Q8 (Kuwait) once the summer kicks in, and summer begins to warm up from approximately March/April till late November-ish!

I also found this essential rider-pack which includes a mini air compressor & USB charger (which holds its charge for over 3 months) a flashlight, with handy puncture tool & plugs. It weighs about a kilo all in but it's a weight I certainly don't mind carrying on any (substantial) journey. A great addition to any biker's toolkit and a worthwhile investment. Fortunately, I've not had to use it thus far, but one of our crew has already praised its presence and usefulness when he got a puncture on a day out playing on the tarmac with some of the boys!

I think the rad-guard has already earned its keep too as the loose stone chips etc are fended off nicely with this item.

Not to forget the T-Rex drop guards/crash bungs (not sure if u can see them properly?) they have also more than earned a place in my heart as they saved me from serious heartache on the one & only time I carelessly dropped my baby because I failed to properly engage the side-stand properly (I know what a muppet!).. I thanked God🙏 and those crash bungs several hundred times throughout that fateful day as  she didn't have a mark on her 😁

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-27_1.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-27_2.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-27_3.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-27_4.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-27.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-28_1.jpg

PHOTO-2019-06-03-23-08-28.jpg

• Member Contributer

Don't think you'll get too many answers from UK members 😆

Nice looking bike though.

Driven around Q8 a few times......too much dust and lunatics on the road for my liking but I guess yr comfortable with it.

Ride safe and welcome to the site.

• Member Contributer

Hiya, and welcome.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions about high-temperature tyres.  But we do have members who live in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, so maybe they have some ideas?

It's not definitely going to happen, but I might be moving to Oman in a few months...  I know folks do ride street bikes there (I've seen the ads on OLX!), but I think I'd probably be moving to the dirt if I did move the the ME.  As for riding in the summer, well, I'm not really looking forward to it, but we'll see.  Never been to Qatar, but I wouldn't mind taking a little trip to the MotoGP in March.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

I'd suggest asking some local tyre vendors for advice, but my 2 cents would be to run higher pressures as that will limit the flex that would otherwise cause more temperature in the tyres. 

6 hours ago, Terry said:

I'd suggest asking some local tyre vendors for advice, but my 2 cents would be to run higher pressures as that will limit the flex that would otherwise cause more temperature in the tyres. 

You may be correct but I would think, on the contrary, that using the tire at its same "cold" pressure would have the effect of increasing the tire pressure on its own, due to the higher outside temperatures ?

• Member Contributer

And buy a CamelBak to keep drinking water!!!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. You obviously have great taste in mc's. And that is the best looking VFR1200 I've seen. I love the black and white. Congratulations.

Archived