ASV lever spring failure and stainless replacement

VFRpwr

So there I was, at home, moving the bike off the trailer after being at KanadianKen's garage (and part time home for VFR vagrants) and noticed the right hand brake lever flopping around.  The ASV return spring gave up the ghost and one of the arms fatigued(?) and done broke off.  Am now consumed with wanting a stainless steel replacement for the failed one in my ASV lever(s).  Wondering if anyone else has ventured down this road and has input, guidance or recommendations on upgrading to a stainless steel spring over the mild(?) steel ASV factory same replacement in the kit.  Total cost will work out about the same, so it is really a question of will this stainless steel spring work after being modified or is it far too much work for what will functionally be a small return in actual service life. 

Pic below shows the broken arm spring on the left with dimensions scaled off it in sketchy light and after several adult beverages so +/- 1mm 😉.

image.thumb.png.be1e8122b875393af78c99bd2b47a065.png

Spent some quality time on the ol' Googler and found what seems to be a suitable replacement (that will ship to Canada) of the original spring with a stainless steel replacement spring as shown in the borrowed from "amy.supermarket" pic, below:

10Pc-Stainless-Steel-Torsion-Spring-Rotating-Springs-CS-1-0mm-OD-14mm-Turns-4

It is very likely made of the finest Chineseium (thanks AvE YouTuber) but will likely outlive the life my bike has.  Am confident I can bend and trim the 34mm arm back to form a 180deg spring function, like the original, and trim to length.  Am ready to pull the trigger but wanted to get feedback/input/critique/guidance from anyone who is more spring knowledgeable then me (and that would be everybody) so please, fire your data-based comments away...all are welcome.

Archived