Just about to hit 30,000kms on my RWB VFR 25th

The bike has been flawless.

To begin the year I have installed a set of Road 5s and a new Yuasa YTZ12s

Previous battery was fine but it was 4 years old and PO put in a no name battery. I say your coming out.

No Stator issues no burnt wiring (RR).  Nothing.

Can these Stator issues and wiring issues (RR) be related to those who ride in the city and all weather conditions. (Rain)

I never ride in the rain and never in stop and go. Just open roads and high speeds. So no high heat buildup.

Just a thought.

Thxs and Ride Safe!

20190505_085411.jpg

54 minutes ago, VFR80025th said:

The bike has been flawless.

To begin the year I have installed a set of Road 5s and a new Yuasa YTZ12s

Previous battery was fine but it was 4 years old and PO put in a no name battery. I say your coming out.

No Stator issues no burnt wiring (RR).  Nothing.

Can these Stator issues and wiring issues (RR) be related to those who ride in the city and all weather conditions. (Rain)

I never ride in the rain and never in stop and go. Just open roads and high speeds. So no high heat buildup.

Just a thought.

Thxs and Ride Safe!

20190505_085411.jpg

have you actually removed your stator cover to look at the stator and see if it's burnt? or have you checked the RR/Stator connector for indications of melting? this isn't a issue of riding conditions. it's an issue of it will go out eventually. 

I've been told and it seems so that the stator is good for 50000 miles give or take before its baked to failure. Absent electric problems why would you pull the stator cover off with less than 19000 miles on the bike? 

5 minutes ago, thepretender said:

I've been told and it seems so that the stator is good for 50000 miles give or take before its baked to failure. Absent electric problems why would you pull the stator cover off with less than 19000 miles on the bike? 

that's my point, he says no stator issues or burnt wiring but he hasn't actually seen the stator yet. and I pulled my cover off to have it powder coated.

Thsx guys, but I don't think I'm going to pull stator cover off just to check if its burnt or not.

I have talked to many VFR owners who have not had any RR or Stator failures on their machines. (Especially 2006 and onwards.)

Some with way over twice the mileage of my VFR.

Mmmmmmmm!

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

Thsx guys, but I don't think I'm going to pull stator cover off just to check if its burnt or not.

I have talked to many VFR owners who have not had any RR or Stator failures on their machines. (Especially 2006 and onwards.)

Some with way over twice the mileage of my VFR.

Mmmmmmmm!

I have a 2009 with about 26k Km on the ODO. I'm not the original owner, he rode rain or shine. I tend to avoid the rain cause it takes to too long to detail the bike (mildly OCD).

Electricals are still going strong. Like you, i'm not going to take my cover to look though. As of yet, zero symptoms to warrant disassembly. 

• Member Contributer

I'd say add voltmeter.

Do ride in the rain, with proper gear, fun is still to be had, It beats driving a car....

IMG_20190530_112846.thumb.jpg.49995c1b2ed98df39ab66cb5b2c2359b.jpg

PS For the small price of a gasket, you easily check your stator....

Archived