My latest 1990FL

• Member Contributer

Lucky you, looks fantastic, I'm green with envy. Enjoy your beautiful ride. Any chance you could reduce the size of the rear speed brake? that number plate mount looks huge!

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

In all the years I have been into bikes it still blows me away when a truly perfect old bike shows up out of the garage or shed

That bike looks perfect in ever way, is it in good running order  after all these years sitting?

After many years in looking I found one here in very good shape but I have needed to go through it from one end to the other to make it 100% ready for the road

Take a little time to check the electrical wiring relating to the Voltage Regulator, they are known to overload and melt down, good idea to check all your main electrical connectors and make sure they

are clean with no corrosion.

Last year I saw a very good  ( was ) 1993 VFR750 for sale but I would not buy it as the regulator had shorted out and melted the wiring and side panels right off the bike

Great find

4 hours ago, Grum said:

Lucky you, looks fantastic, I'm green with envy. Enjoy your beautiful ride. Any chance you could reduce the size of the rear speed brake? that number plate mount looks huge!

Cheers.

It will knock 20mph from it's top speed! I'll do something with it but needs to be as standard as possible.

49 minutes ago, Hingley said:

In all the years I have been into bikes it still blows me away when a truly perfect old bike shows up out of the garage or shed

That bike looks perfect in ever way, is it in good running order  after all these years sitting?

After many years in looking I found one here in very good shape but I have needed to go through it from one end to the other to make it 100% ready for the road

Take a little time to check the electrical wiring relating to the Voltage Regulator, they are known to overload and melt down, good idea to check all your main electrical connectors and make sure they

are clean with no corrosion.

Last year I saw a very good  ( was ) 1993 VFR750 for sale but I would not buy it as the regulator had shorted out and melted the wiring and side panels right off the bike

Great find

It was recommissioned very recently. All seems good but will at least need a pair of tyres seeing as how the ones on it are 29 years old!

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, johnymono said:

It was recommissioned very recently. All seems good but will at least need a pair of tyres seeing as how the ones on it are 29 years old!

Leave that rear intact; just buy a cut, 2nd hand one.

One day.........  

Congrats on this great bike!

• Member Contributer

VTR1000-SP1 owners (RC51 in Murrica) have en-masse been cutting up their undertails/fenders as to fit a more "fancy" taillight sine 2000-2001....

For a while now, the OEM look is back in vogue; but with the part now NLA,  they sell for like $500+ used.....

As an SP2 owner I could still buy a new one for a more realistic investment.....

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, johnymono said:

Just put a deposit on this. 29 years old 1 owner 4000 miles. I will cherish this one!

61373767_2324134807608278_5473047516435972096_o.jpg

61322132_2324134984274927_576396950564241408_o.jpg

That’s incredible. Don’t change a single thing. 

• Member Contributer

Looks just like my '90 FL when I brought it home from the dealer all those years ago...to immediately chop the rear mudguard down a wee bit!  

Congratulations.  That is an incredibly clean bike--4,000 miles--not even broken in!

Ciao,

JZH

Archived