Whats the difference?

Bigdan

Anyone know the difference between  Upper cowl set (Type 2) (WL) & Upper cowl set (Type 1) (WL)?  Which is Red which is white? Application is for 2015 Vfr 800.  My guess is ZA is red...

2A152A7B-0F34-4416-9829-E2C3BB4304B8.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Don't guess...

The ZA, ZB suffix is indeed the colour code for the part, and the "Type1" is a reference to the colour scheme for the bike.  I would think the red would be more likely to be "Type1", but I would never order parts based on a guess!

The Types and codes are shown in the Honda Parts Catalogs, or whatever they call them these days (I'm not sure they still print them in paper format?)  In any case, they have to provide that information or the dealers couldn't order the correct parts.  Unfortunately, online sources often omit the first section of the parts books, which is where the codes and types are shown.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Assume the cowl set comes with the logo? In Australia its VFR, in America its INTERCEPTOR, then for 2015 there are three colors Victory Red, Pearl Glare White, and the Black.

Beats me from the parts listing how you can be assured of the correct one!:sad: 

Might be worth discussing this with your local Honda Dealership spare parts dept.

Found this, which supports the colour explanation above....

https://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/A-Partzilla-Guide-to-Buying-OEM-Parts-amp-Partzilla-Shipping-Secrets,21014

If you’re working on a Honda motorcycle, you’ll see TYPE 1, TYPE 2, TYPE 3 listed in parenthesis next to the part. That’s the way Honda lists color variations for OEM parts. If you need to order a part for your Honda motorcycle that is a specific color, you’re best off calling tech support for guidance.

Archived