hello from the uk

Wot4y

hello ever one 

.had my vfr750f j 1988 2nd gen for about 3 years now (first bike after passing my test) its been a love hate relationship.its done 69500 mile now and has developed a vibration ..so in the hate stage at the moment...

just wanted to say hi to all while i spend the next month trying to fix my baby    ☹️ hopfully  get some pointers from you guys.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum Wot4y. You obviously have great taste in mc's. We would love to see a picture of your machine to prove to us you are not a figment of our imagination.

Regarding the vibratios, although I've only had fifth gens, a common problem with all five of them has been a vibration caused by worn steeringhead bearings.

Here is the test: while the bike is on it's centerstand, with the front wheel off the ground, move the handlebars slowly from stop to stop. If you feel a detend in the middle, that is the sign of worn out head bearings.

The recomendation I've been given is to install tapered roller bearings.

Hope the fix is that simple for you.

3 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Welcome to the asylum Wot4y. You obviously have great taste in mc's. We would love to see a picture of your machine to prove to us you are not a figment of our imagination.

Regarding the vibratios, although I've only had fifth gens, a common problem with all five of them has been a vibration caused by worn steeringhead bearings.

Here is the test: while the bike is on it's centerstand, with the front wheel off the ground, move the handlebars slowly from stop to stop. If you feel a detend in the middle, that is the sign of worn out head bearings.

The recomendation I've been given is to install tapered roller bearings.

Hope the fix is that simple for you.

Here you go .,I put new taper bearings in when I got the bike ,it had been off the road for about 8 years.but will check them just in case ,in the process of replating all the bolts and brackets this year (hate rusty steel).

reIMG_20170327_161422_hdr.thumb.jpg.cce8564bd14a040892b6cbeaaa0a6f78.jpg

Archived